Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
OK? I understood about a 1/3rd of that, sober up in the morning and try again.
Maybe he's a beer taster for a brewing company, and that's why he NEVER makes any sense.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What he said was that he works 7 days a week now so he's not sure how he's going to find the time to get his lawns done once the grass starts growing. But he did put lights on his mower and fabricate a headlamp so he'll be able to work in the dark. And the dealer won't take his calls, so he's going there Monday to talk to him. He still doesn't know what his cost will be for the 580. All the receptionist can tell him is the retail price, but the dealer promised it to him at cost. If the dealer won't honor the verbal agreement to provide the blower at cost, he'll just order one online.

Understood?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
What he said was that he works 7 days a week now so he's not sure how he's going to find the time to get his lawns done once the grass starts growing. But he did put lights on his mower and fabricate a headlamp so he'll be able to work in the dark. And the dealer won't take his calls, so he's going there Monday to talk to him. He still doesn't know what his cost will be for the 580. All the receptionist can tell him is the retail price, but the dealer promised it to him at cost. If the dealer won't honor the verbal agreement to provide the blower at cost, he'll just order one online.

Understood?
You can read drunk trailer park redneck, that's impressive for a Yankee.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
You can read drunk trailer park redneck, that's impressive for a Yankee.
Yeah, well I worked in offices full of engineers for 15 years. It always amazed me that they could design complex structures and systems yet could barely write their names. BTW, that's why engineers have stamps...so they don't have to...

Last edited by Darryl G; 01-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Understood?
Yes ,Thank you. You can be my translator?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Angry

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price $579.95 + 10% tax = $638.00
Pantano Price $509.95 Free Shipping = differents $128 I have the money but I don't think I can bite my tongue hard enough to pay for it at the dealer.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sales tax is 10%????
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought our 7% sucked here...
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Yeah, well I worked in offices full of engineers for 15 years. It always amazed me that they could design complex structures and systems yet could barely write their names. BTW, that's why engineers have stamps...so they don't have to...
I was an engineering technician, we are the ones that make them LOOK brilliant, the most ignorant ones are the smartest ones, always amazed me too. They could design a damn car but hadn't a clue about how to change a flat tire, guess that's why they designed the run flat tire LOL!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I was an engineering technician, we are the ones that make them LOOK brilliant, the most ignorant ones are the smartest ones, always amazed me too. They could design a damn car but hadn't a clue about how to change a flat tire, guess that's why they designed the run flat tire LOL!
I love it when people ask is there any money mowing lawns? You guys where engineers and now mow.. I guess that would answer there question...
Posted via Mobile Device