Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick tip: Receipts and Quickbooks Smartphone App

Okay folks,
I found this handy little app about 4 months ago and never really got it all set up until last month. For those of you who use Quickbooks and have a smartphone it will be a huge help I believe so I wanted to share. The app is called Expensify. Basically once you get it all setup, as soon as you make a purchase, you take a picture of the receipt, classify the expense in the right category and save it. Then at the end of the month (or whenever you want) you can sync the expense report right into Quickbooks and be done with it. The best part for me is that I no longer have to keep track of all these tiny paper receipts but have a permanent record and pictures of everything. Maybe this isn't for everyone, but it Really helped streamline my paperwork so I thought I would pass it along. It takes just a little tech savvy to set it up, but overall not bad and pretty simple. They even have a feature where you simply take the picture and they will automatically enter the vendor and category information for like 10 cents or something like that. Check it out and let me know what you think - it's a good opportunity to give it a test run in the winter months. If you have questions, I'll try to answer them as best I know. I only got a smartphone 8 months ago, so it's a learning curve for me even now.

Jason
Old 01-27-2013, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Great so what is the link?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAH......figured people would google or type it in on their phones - pretty sure just expensify.com

Jason

Tags
accounting , books , quickbooks , receipts , smartphone