Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Flatbed with removable dovetail

I have been playing with the idea of getting rid of my trailers and going with a flatbed truck. Right now I have pickup trucks and rack dumps with landscape trailers and I use those trucks as plow trucks in the winter or use the rack trucks for clean up. The downside in going with a flatbed truck is that it only has one use. If I decide to go with the flatbed trucks with stationary dovetails I can't use those trucks for anything else. I've been doing some research and came across a company called Blue Ridge Manufacturing they make something called a grasspro RDT. This seems to me to be the best product on the market for removable dovetails. I thought this was a great idea because in the winter I can remove the tail put a salt spreader in the truck or even use the truck for cleanup and or mulch. Here is a link to see it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45J7R...e_gdata_player I was wondering if anyone has seen this in person and if you know the cost of something like this. Let me know your thoughts and or suggestions.