Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for an aborist or palm tree guy in Orlando- 32828 zipcode

I have a customer who developed fusarium wilt on 3 queens on their yard. All 3 trees are within 5 feet of each other. The homeowner is 1. a foreigner 2. a northern foreigner.. so of course he doesn't understand Florida turf and landscape care.. We have been watching the trees for about 2 months now and Im very confident in what has gotten to them. He wants something in writing as to what happened to the trees and what needs to be done with them. This also helps get the blame off my shoulders. Any palm tree guys or Arborists out there willing to help a guy out and take a look at some pics of the trees and write out a diagnosis on letter head.. Shoot me a price if any so I can send that over to the customer if he still insists. I'm sure not paying for it.. we thoroughly disinfect our pruning tools after each trimming and no other customers have problems with their queens. thanks in advance!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
I have a customer who developed fusarium wilt on 3 queens on their yard. All 3 trees are within 5 feet of each other. The homeowner is 1. a foreigner 2. a northern foreigner.. so of course he doesn't understand Florida turf and landscape care.. We have been watching the trees for about 2 months now and Im very confident in what has gotten to them. He wants something in writing as to what happened to the trees and what needs to be done with them. This also helps get the blame off my shoulders. Any palm tree guys or Arborists out there willing to help a guy out and take a look at some pics of the trees and write out a diagnosis on letter head.. Shoot me a price if any so I can send that over to the customer if he still insists. I'm sure not paying for it.. we thoroughly disinfect our pruning tools after each trimming and no other customers have problems with their queens. thanks in advance!
Call your county extension agent, they will either do what you need or refer you to the right person. Best of all they will come out at no cost and take a look, it's what their there for. Some are better than others, but its worth a shot.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Call your county extension agent, they will either do what you need or refer you to the right person. Best of all they will come out at no cost and take a look, it's what their there for. Some are better than others, but its worth a shot.

Good advice there.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsNbows View Post
Good advice there.
Celeste White is who my first contact would be MJL. She is the commercial agent for Orange. Good luck and let me know if you have any issues and I will see if I can help but Celeste will most likely get you taken care of.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I was actually trying to get in touch with Celeste at the office but haven't been able to get a hold of her yet.. was looking for other options if she fell through.. thanks for the help guys.. much appreciated!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
I was actually trying to get in touch with Celeste at the office but haven't been able to get a hold of her yet.. was looking for other options if she fell through.. thanks for the help guys.. much appreciated!!
If you have not, email her, she will get back with you. Sometimes she takes a few days to return a email as she may be off or in the field assisting with something but generally she will get back to you with 24 to 48 business hours.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

how do you know it is fusarium?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds912 View Post
how do you know it is fusarium?
Start here

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pp278