Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry night View Post
Hey Kiril, good to have you on the Lighting Forum. That was a very reasoned and balanced response.
We are getting ready to have our house appraised, so I'll ask the appraiser. I suspect if there is any real value, it will be a small percentage of whatever value the landscape as a whole contributes to the total value of the property, and not considered independently of that whole.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My opinion is that a well-designed and executed landscape lighting would add to a perceived value of a home i.e. this home may sell more readily or the lighting might make a difference between buying one home over another.
I would not expect the lighting would add to an appraised value or add to a purchase price.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

From a buyers point of view. If you are looking at multiple houses in the same general price range human nature would lean you to the one with most Options/upgrades. I just went through the process and almost every house i looked at i found myself looking at the yeard,landscape,lights,sprinkler system before we even went in, then i would look for finished basement, granite counters so on and so on.. I don't know if you could say i would pay some exact amount more for those options but with them all in the same range i made offers on the ones that fit our needs obviously but second to that was which ones had the upgrades i was looking for.
It saves me the time and money from doing it once we move in.

No different than looking at a car, if your looking at multiple vehicles in the same range people will lean towards the one with leather, sunroof,remote start, window tint ect. even if it is a little more or has a few more miles..

I do not think you can put a number on the value, but anything that makes a house look or function better will make someone choose it before choosing one without them..