Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Need advice quickly please!!!

Ok guys looking for some serious advice on which of these packages to buy on equipment The first package is here video..i can get this package out the door tax and all for 8200.00 5year warranty here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqmYfthqlR0

2nd package is a exmark pioneer series commercial mower here>http://www.crosstexassupply.com/cata...oneer-s-series

Also with a 2redmax backpack blower's one is the ebz7500 and the other is the ebz8500 Also a redmax trimmer model tr2350s. 2 year warranty here but is giving me the 4 year warranty 500 hours. and the price is 7500 out the door on this package. Also let me say i am paying cash and these were their bottom price's. SOOOO what about it guys help me out im buying by this saturday what are my pros and cons also i am going to be doing residential mostly but within the next 2 seasons going to start picking up commercial accounts also. Thank you all in advanced i love this site!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Also forgot to mention the toro package ill have to drive 3 hours one way to pick it up. and if i go with the exmark route i can pick up a used 14ft dove tail trailer with a side gate also for access for 1200.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So this is a new business you're starting up? My first question would be, why are you buying a new Zero-Turn riding mower? No matter where you are mowing, there are almost always going to be situations where you'll need a walk behind mower. I usually recommend going with a 36 or 48 inch walk behind mower for start-up businesses. They're more versatile, you'll probably need one anyway, and for most residential lawns, with a stand-on sulky, they can be as productive or more productive than a Z rider. If you go that route you can even skip the trailer at first. I'd go ahead and buy new hand-held equipment, but you could even find a low hours used commercial walk behind to start with.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a toro grandstand from SLE, I can say they delivered everything they promised.

Between the 2 Id go for the toro, but its your choice.

DarrylG also has a good point.

Paying cash with no debt is awesome
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Personally if it was me I would look for good used commercial equipment. The packages look great without a doubt but think about the bottom line. When I went out on my own I went with a used mower and all new handhelds and expanded as the year went on. Do as you see fit its your business but seriously think about the bottom dollar. If u can save more now and have some capital I would think you would be better off.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey we have a 32 inch walk behind for the smaller residential its used but works great. Also it is a new business and I have some pretty high end residential clients lined up with good size yards and most are fairly level ground. And as far as buying new equipment I'm really looking for the warranty as well as having a quality machine for future growing. So I am leaning towards the toro package with sle. Just wanted to know you guys opinions on the z turns and differences of the two price and quality wise.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

True ray I just am very weary of buying used stuff from people I've had bad past luck with buying lemons!! Lol and I need this equipment to last me for a good 2 seasons my goal is 50% salary 25% into a savings for breaks parts etc. And 25% savings to put back into the bussiness equipment truck trailer etc ..I appreciate you guys input and advice as I am new but I've been reading on this site and others for about a year and a half now and am really trying hard to have my ducks in a row
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Also ray I'm really not very educated on the equipment to know what to look for buying used as in the *bad * other wise I would go with some good used and save some dollars wish some of you guys were local here in Tennessee lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I totally understand your reservations about buying used and I was the same way. A warranty is great and I would love to have one on the last mower I bought but I have none. Bottom line is do what is comfortable to you and what you ate lead to do. I personally pray diligently about all major purchases hoping I do the right thing. My viewpoint is this us God's equipment that he has on loan to me to feed my family and spread his word as u can. See it how you wish (I know it can sound crazy ) but do as you need to and best if luck to you.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Between the two packages, and if you need a trailer, I would go with the toro. The toro package looks like the same fellow that sells packages on ebay