Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I got one I had a elderly lady I cut last season I picked her in a cul-de-sac I got but anyway she kept insisted her st augustine was growing to fast and wanted it cut twice a week after a week growth it had maybe 6 1/2 to 7 inch blades I cut it at 4" sometimes 3.5 and I greatly insisted it didnt need to be cut twice a week but long story short I cut it every fri and she cut it every tues she insisted so whatever easy $$$$$
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Uuh, if someone wants me to cut twice per week, I'm not going to put up a fuss.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Treat it nice...then kill it!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I argee with you TriCity but it just wasnt worth it for me to come out to her location twice a week but it did turn her 35 min cut into about 10 min cut I never had to trim just run over it with the mower and edge blow so it kinda worked for the best lol shorten my time spent in the cul-de-sac with her and the others
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Treat it nice...then kill it!!!!
Seriously... I don't know if I should be upset that my efforts were wasted now, or glad that I don't have to deal with that other tree that was going to be a real PITA. Ha
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Customer's wife buys him a Toro 22 for their anniversary, making me obsolete. I drove by the following week only to see the cleaning lady coming out of the house with her bucket/broom/mop. Whatever.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had one this past fall about parking on the street. Get a call from my guy about parking across the street from the house we serviced. We have been doing this property for 5 years with out a problem. New people move in across the street, and problems started for everyone. I make the trip out there and talk with the lady and see if we can come up with a solution.
She had a list of the things we are doing wrong on her street! We start to early, he parks in front of my house, he is blowing debris on my property. So I tried my best to bend for her and their needs. The owner of the property we service comes out when she see's my truck. I finish up and go over and chat with her. She said are you going to service their property? I said no she is complaining about my guy and where he is parking on the street. Well her eyes got as big saucer's and started spinning, her next words were don't you change a thing we will take care of this. Long story short, that crazy lady calls the cops the following week when we returned and parked in the street half way on their property line. Wonder how this will play out this year?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've had the same sort of thing Sealcutter. But even worse because some of the streets down by the beach are so narrow that you have to park partially on the town-owned grassy strip in front of people's houses or you'll block the road. Even though people don't own this strip, they sure take ownership of it. If I park on the grass in front of the house I'm servicing, I can't rightly mow under it, so you have to park in front or behind or across the street. It's really an impossible situation and I'm glad I don't have any accounts like that anymore.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is wrong with parking in front of a neighbors house? I have a neighbor come out a few times and will say something but I always park there. I'm parked there for 15-20 min. I also make sure I'm not on her lawn. She doesn't own the damn rd
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have this unemployed house wife that argues that my mower is so loud that she has to sit on the toilet with the door closed so she can talk to her friends on the phone. She came out screaming with the phone in her hand. Then it got worse to a point that I couldn't mow their neighbors lawn or hers before 12PM because the husband (which is one of the calmest and nicest customer's I have) told me she sleeps in late! The worst is that they have 2 vans and she keeps getting into accidents and she keeps blaming my mower! I told her the damage from your rear bumper and on the side of the other van the impact from my mower would of instantly killed me but thank god for these air bags on the newer Exmarks.

I'm waiting on what this year brings.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."