Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

on the snow plowing page state is what im assuming you met instead of stat website looks good
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
on the snow plowing page state is what im assuming you met instead of stat website looks good
yeah probably. Like I said, still working the bugs out....

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice site........Some very recognizable jobs...........hmmm

Next part is working on all that SEO so you are searchable.....
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

when I searched your actual business name (Richardson's landscaping) I came up with these and bunch of others but not you.....

richardsonlandscaping.com

richardsonlandscapinganddesing.com

richardsonsgreenhouse.com

If I put in Richardson's landscaping NY your site came up but most people wont enter that if they saw your name locally.....

This is a problem when people will search you out, even using your name. Or if they search for "landscaping amherst, ny", "lawn mowing amherst ny", etc.... I know we talked about this a little bit and in no way am I an expert in any of this but learning from others has helped a bit. It'll take a while for your site to get recognized but doing things like adding yourself to things like yahoo local, bing local, google local can help.

Go to yahoo and search "landscaping hamburg ny". Tell me what you see... Now do the same with bing and google, no where to be found, or on page 2 of Bing.... I'm recognized on yahoo but not the others. I'm creating local listings on each site (I believe it's free) to help my search ranking...

My site still needs a TON of work to be better searchable but I'll either be paying a friend or trading services for that.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
when I searched your actual business name (Richardson's landscaping) I came up with these and bunch of others but not you.....

richardsonlandscaping.com

richardsonlandscapinganddesing.com

richardsonsgreenhouse.com

If I put in Richardson's landscaping NY your site came up but most people wont enter that if they saw your name locally.....

This is a problem when people will search you out, even using your name. Or if they search for "landscaping amherst, ny", "lawn mowing amherst ny", etc.... I know we talked about this a little bit and in no way am I an expert in any of this but learning from others has helped a bit. It'll take a while for your site to get recognized but doing things like adding yourself to things like yahoo local, bing local, google local can help.

Go to yahoo and search "landscaping hamburg ny". Tell me what you see... Now do the same with bing and google, no where to be found, or on page 2 of Bing.... I'm recognized on yahoo but not the others. I'm creating local listings on each site (I believe it's free) to help my search ranking...

My site still needs a TON of work to be better searchable but I'll either be paying a friend or trading services for that.
Yeah I have a guy that I'm going to have to the SEO stuff for me and maybe just a few general website improvements. Another buddy of mine suggested signing up for the Google Statistics (or something like that) to track how many people visit your site, etc. You are right, this is the age of the internet and print advertising is near obsolete. I probably should have invested some more time and money on this a couple years ago.

My Pictures:
Old 01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

google analytics
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Got some new stuff brewing. Working a deal to ditch the red truck at the moment.....

My Pictures:
Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You're always wheelin and dealin lately!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
You're always wheelin and dealin lately!!!
Yeah its getting to be that time if year to prepare for the warm seasons! I hate to get rid of this red truck, but the truth is, its not the truck I need. I thought I'd use it a lot for plowing but the last few times we plowed, it has sat. I love the 9'2" v-plow on my truck for the parking lots, but I can't do driveways with it, its WAY too big (gonna be fixing a lot of lawns here this spring). And a couple snows we had that were wet and heavy my truck really struggled on some of the longer pushes in the big lots. Also, the thought of putting a dump insert in that red truck doesn't sit too well with me anymore either because at the end of the day, I still have (3) 3/4-ton pickups. I really need a diesel dump truck for landscaping AND that I can put that big v-plow on and just do parking lots with. I'm looking around, prob either gonna go the 1-ton route OR a nice 90's body 3500 Heavy Duty chevy even though most of them are 2 wheel drive. We'll see whats out there.

My Pictures:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Red truck is S-O-L-D SOLD! #2 (the '99) is on its way out next......in the last month, its needed head gaskets and the frame cracked (not in the usual spots for these, it was right between the cab and the bed), and today the water pump just took a dump. I've about had it with this thing!

My Pictures: