Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I ran the TR270 at the CASE proving grounds in AZ before they released the machine. I was impressed enough with that machine that I came home and promptly ordered a TR320. My thought was if the smaller machine could run that strong than more is better. I wasnt disappointed. The cab (assuming you get an enclosed cab) is excellent. I like the EH controls. Its a nice machine and yes CASE is running zero for 60 months right now.
Do you know if the 2013 models are out yet, or would only the 2012 machines be at the dealers?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Any machine built after about October will be a 13. If you can find one you might be better off getting an 11 or early 12 as mine is. You will not have the latest EPA bs on the machine.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Any machine built after about October will be a 13. If you can find one you might be better off getting an 11 or early 12 as mine is. You will not have the latest EPA bs on the machine.
I'm doing a demo tomorrow, how can I tell what year it is besides asking the salesperson? the restrictions on the machine may be different here in Canada,with the EPA.

I hope the cab on the case is not as loud as that T190 I tried last week.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Restrictions here are pretty much the same as in the states , just a little bit behind. But the machines that are made for the states are the same as the ones here. Are you demoing the machine from Ed Stewart's?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
Restrictions here are pretty much the same as in the states , just a little bit behind. But the machines that are made for the states are the same as the ones here. Are you demoing the machine from Ed Stewart's?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for that info, yes Ed Stewarts why do you want one as well?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you realy need hi flow to run a mulcher on the 270....It has a impresive flow rate and I hear that there are mulchers that run on a reg flow.
Not that I use one now, but may later on down the road.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you stand a the back of the machine and look at the inside of the left upright you will see a plate containing the PIN and the year it was built.

While I hear there are some low flow mulchers out there, 98% of the mulchers out there are high flow. Your not going get much done with a low flow mulcher. If your serious about mulching you would be better off with a 320.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No , I live just up the road from them , am in there all the time for all my kubota filters etc, know all the parts guys , and one of the service managers lives across the road from our shop. Very great group of guys in the parts/service there , and if you decide to go with a new holland machine ( since they are the same machine just a few minor cosmetic differences) go see Harvey on the newholland side. He is a great knowledgeable salesman.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
No , I live just up the road from them , am in there all the time for all my kubota filters etc, know all the parts guys , and one of the service managers lives across the road from our shop. Very great group of guys in the parts/service there , and if you decide to go with a new holland machine ( since they are the same machine just a few minor cosmetic differences) go see Harvey on the newholland side. He is a great knowledgeable salesman.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats who I'm dealing with, nice guy, I too have been there customer for alot of farm gear pluse my little ls150 came from there as well.

Anyway I did that demo today on the TR270 and all I can say is that is the machine for me, I love it
The only thing that I did not like was I had a hard time seeing the cutting edge of the bucket, and yes it was the extended low profile bucket on there
and i'm 5'-10. Harvey said we could put a Kubota bucket on there, they stick out a bit more. I have some farm gear to trade, so I will see what they come back at.
I also checked out the Kubota track machines, but they have no hyflow looked at Deeres---------> then back home.
I need to find out if and how rear stabilizers rig up to the TR270
IMO Its a very well made machine with great cab comfort
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
If you stand a the back of the machine and look at the inside of the left upright you will see a plate containing the PIN and the year it was built.

While I hear there are some low flow mulchers out there, 98% of the mulchers out there are high flow. Your not going get much done with a low flow mulcher. If your serious about mulching you would be better off with a 320.
Shane, The 320 is just to big of a machine for what I do.
Its just a thought that I may do some mulching, plus it makes sence to me to get the hi flow, because we never know what we may have on the front of the machine a year or 2 down the road.
Here's a question...how do you put the bucket on float with the E/H
By the way I love the feel of the case controls....I'm glad I went for the demo