Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
That is my minimum price for an avg size lawn. What is yours?
I agree with the GreenGuys, bidding $50/hr doesn't cut it. Ideally, I shoot for $75/man hr min., however, depending on equipment used, if it is just mowing, $60/man hr suffices.
Posted via Mobile Device
For an avg 10K lawn $70/hr is the norm we knock out a 10K lawn just mowing in 11 mins we've timed it that's not the trimming and all just the mowing.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmgbo View Post
When I first started out I thought $40 pmh was way to high. Once I got rolling I realized I wasn't making any money. My jobs are all figured at $60-$75 pmh. I don't tell the customer that.
You really have to sell yourself and your company. Your appearance, knowledge, and expierance go a long way.

Greenguys makes many good points in his posts.

Why are you charging a fraction of what the hvac guy charges to come to your house?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks...my opinions are from years of experience and yes...with lots of trial and error. I do like seeing the different numbers that people uae as their operating cost. Gas alone eats $4 per hour....my goal is to pay for a mower in 1500 hrs. I can go into a long spill on how to accurately figure your true operating cost. It gets into everything from blades..belts..oil..grease...filters..tires..and a little for the odd stuff....i can assure you.. if you calculate that...plus your insurance...it is more that $10 an hr.
Posted via Mobile Device