Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you going to be delivering ? If so then you need a truck body that has bins or devider gates. The problem with most loaders is that the buckets are to big to load these bins from the side. With a versa handler you can load from the back to dump into the bins, you can get 1 - 3 yrd buckets and load height is never a problem. When you can run 2 - 3 deliveries at once charging each a delivery fee then you can start to make some money.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

local places here use articulating fel's with 2 yard buckets. Thats what i would recommend.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Member

The tricky part is that I will get A LOT or pick up trucks rolling in for 1/2 yard and 1 yard sales. I will be partnering with a Garden Center. I fear a loader will be too big. I don't think I will need anything over a 1 yard bucket. I will be getting more pick up trucks and landscaping trucks over dumps. I was looking at the Bobcat Skid s770 or s750. But it seems like no one ever gets scooped by a skid. hmm.. I think the above skid could handle the weight and arm length should be tall enough for a dump truck.. thoughts?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Are you going to be delivering ? If so then you need a truck body that has bins or devider gates. The problem with most loaders is that the buckets are to big to load these bins from the side. With a versa handler you can load from the back to dump into the bins, you can get 1 - 3 yrd buckets and load height is never a problem. When you can run 2 - 3 deliveries at once charging each a delivery fee then you can start to make some money.
I will not be delivering. Anything delivered will be delivered by the producer of mulch. I will be more of a satellite.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The guys with skid steers always bang into my truck. Needless to say i don't go there any more. Its also harder to see where you're dumping in a skid due to how low you sit. A mason yard by me has a small 1 yd japanese payloader with a power tach so they can switch to a half yard bucket or forks really fast.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If that's your target get a mid sized skid with a .75 yard bucket and sell it by the "scoop" most of the retail nurseries around here do that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my supplier has a L90E with a 1yd 2 yd 2.5 and i think a 4yd bucket
Old 01-31-2013, 05:01 AM
LawnSite Member

i'd avoid using a skidsteer. not enough lift and have to get close to vehicle.

use a loader or telehandler.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go for a mini loader, Better visabilty and better reach and better visabilty so you don't load it all up on one side. Tractors don't have the reach, used to get loaded at this one place great low price but every time they would run the brush guard in the front into the dump or side box. stopped going there.

good luck
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulchingman View Post
The tricky part is that I will get A LOT or pick up trucks rolling in for 1/2 yard and 1 yard sales. I will be partnering with a Garden Center. I fear a loader will be too big. I don't think I will need anything over a 1 yard bucket. I will be getting more pick up trucks and landscaping trucks over dumps. I was looking at the Bobcat Skid s770 or s750. But it seems like no one ever gets scooped by a skid. hmm.. I think the above skid could handle the weight and arm length should be tall enough for a dump truck.. thoughts?
well then go with a kubota r520 with quick attach, and a 1 yard bucket, and half yard bucket. or a r420 with .75 yard bucket.