The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Vermeer S800TX

Has anyone ran a S800TX looking at possibly adding one come spring pro's con's
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i demoed the previous model good product it and the ditch witch are the top dogs in the mini skid world right now. the one downside to the vermeer for me was having to stand on it (operator platform switch) I like the option to stand beside or behind when loading etc
Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I tried Toro dingo 525, Ditchwitch sk 650, and Vermeers S 800tx all on site in the same day. IMO the Vermeers ground speed was slow much like the dingo which was orignal design as a walk behind. However the Vermeer had the highest hinge pin height for bucket @ 84" load trucks the DW was around 80" and Dingo was far short of those heights. Vermeer also had lifting cap over other models, was all so the heaviest. The Vermeer had the worse ground pressure, the dingo had the best and most friendly to turf tracks. I feel that the DW had some issues drive motors hanging down below belly of machine, also the hydrulic detent was only lockable in one direction.The new DW sk755 has taken care of those problems, increased dump height,cap and some other things to make a better machine.With all that being said you should buy the Dingo 525 if most of your work is on turf this machine is far superior. The DW sk650 was good, and the fastest machine hands down, the new DW sk 755 with issues resolved from the 650 model is sure to be a winner. The faults or dislike with the Vermeer S800tx like rider present on platform and some other safety feature, which are good, but counter productive and the slow ground speed.

Dingo 525= Turf Ditchwitch SK 755 = allround

Currently have tired 2002 Dingo 425 with over 2300hrs, one of the best pieces of equipment we have ever purchsed.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I tried one back to back with my now pretty old SK650 and a new SK650. The Vermeer was way more money and despite the fact that they said it was the same ground speed as the Ditch Witch, it was not. It was marginally slower in forward and only half the speed in reverse. So I sent it back. Interestingly, my old machine with 1200 hours was the fastest and had the most power of the three.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the two tx525 and and two dw650. I think they each have their strengths, but either one will do a great job of performing the task. Even though I haven't owned a Vermeer, I would think it would be just as productive. I don't think you will notice a difference in productivity between any of them. I can't hardly tell a difference between my 525 and 650s.