Register free!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I saw the new and improved XT5 at the Green Expo a few weeks back. Now has the larger gas tank option.
Wish I were able to modify the tank on the Briggs to double or triple its capacity. I aerate about 3 lawns now, and I am out of gas.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
I saw the new and improved XT5 at the Green Expo a few weeks back. Now has the larger gas tank option.
Wish I were able to modify the tank on the Briggs to double or triple its capacity. I aerate about 3 lawns now, and I am out of gas.
What else is new & improved about it?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wish they would have had the reverse speed as fast as forward speed. Reverse is like molasses.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Wish they would have had the reverse speed as fast as forward speed. Reverse is like molasses.
Any engineers here that can tell us if by cutting & reattaching the reverse lever a little lower it would allow a greater distance of travel & thus increase the reverse speed?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbturf View Post
hello Bob,

on the xt5, what is the upgrade motor options and model #
and what is the fuel capacity?

ty
We have a new engine upgrade with a fuel tank upgrade this year. Model #85398, Its a Subaru 190cc engine with a 1 gallon tank. Retail $3645, call or email for spring special pricing.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Or is it internal? Anybody?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
When you get a chance stop by the Turfco office in Blaine, MN and see what they are doing with the 2013 XT5. I am sure the information will help you and they are glad to have folks stop by. 800-679-8201 ask for Will, Steve or Jim the Service Manager.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHuffman View Post
We have a new engine upgrade with a fuel tank upgrade this year. Model #85398, Its a Subaru 190cc engine with a 1 gallon tank. Retail $3645, call or email for spring special pricing.
thanks for that info, unfortunately ive experienced failure on two of those subaru EA190V motors now, with almost a year of use on the 1st one and about 5 months use on the 2nd one -- not sure how you consider that subaru motor an 'Upgrade' as its a homeowner grade motor you can find on alot of cheap equipment at homedepot, and the motor itself retails for $200 (at least thats what it cost shipped for my last replacement at the dealer)--- the only plus side to it is that it is in fact rather cheap to replace

im curious, what does it cost for the B&S motor that you use on that aerator? and which of the 2 motors have experienced more failures thus far?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbturf View Post
thanks for that info, unfortunately ive experienced failure on two of those subaru EA190V motors now, with almost a year of use on the 1st one and about 5 months use on the 2nd one -- not sure how you consider that subaru motor an 'Upgrade' as its a homeowner grade motor you can find on alot of cheap equipment at homedepot, and the motor itself retails for $200 (at least thats what it cost shipped for my last replacement at the dealer)--- the only plus side to it is that it is in fact rather cheap to replace

im curious, what does it cost for the B&S motor that you use on that aerator? and which of the 2 motors have experienced more failures thus far?
Is it really the same engine? $200 retail is a really good price. What did Subaru say about the failed engines when you went for warranty on them?
If you have time give me a call 402-432-2446 Bob
Old 03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what the dealers cost was, they showed me the slip, I spec'd out a Honda gsv190 for possible replacement, don't think I want another one of those ea190v on my equipment , has turfco considered that Honda model?
Posted via Mobile Device