Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

It's not a bad system at all but it seems priced to high. The only way it would be beneficial is if the lawncare company was directing people to it's website through other means of advertising. I would think to utilize this software it would go best with a mailing component. I wouldn't license just to one company per zip though, I'd offer it at a lower price to multiple companies. I don't have the cash for it now but I like the idea.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Sponsor

We have changed our pricing structure after receiving your feedback. It is now $19 per zip code.. We are also offering this method to only one LCO per zip code. If you have more than 5 zip codes we will discount from the $19 per month. Acculawnsystems.com.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe if you paid for the zip codes per quarter, or once per year. Seems like a great idea especially for those people who make impulse purchases. It needs a little tweaking on the pricing tho. I think its a great idea to be able to look and measure at the office and screen the customers better before driving all over creation to walk into the unknow. For example asking if they have pets, fences, amenities/ obstacles, ditches etc etc... maybe let some guys on here try it out and report back regularly their likes and dislikes and what can improve or whatever. The best form of advertising is word of mouth right lol. Built by us for us....... think about it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are alot of varibles but i like the idea. It would work good for some areas and not in others. My fear would be running off business due to a poorly estimated bid. Prob woukd just have to try and see i guess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I screwed up by going past the free 30 days while trying Acculawn out. I found out today when getting charged $14. I went ahead and canceled the account but now I got charged another $14. I never saw anything about a cancelation fee so was there a mistake made?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
So I screwed up by going past the free 30 days while trying Acculawn out. I found out today when getting charged $14. I went ahead and canceled the account but now I got charged another $14. I never saw anything about a cancelation fee so was there a mistake made?
Actually, we did our homework and looked to see if this customer was charged twice and that is not the case. This customer was only charged once.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Acculawn. My bank had 2 pending charges for $14 dollars from you guys. I checked it in the morning and only one went through. I'm not sure why it does that. Thanks for responding so quickly on the phone! From what I've seen so far you do a great job with customer service.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Zip code reserved

What is meant that the zip code is reserved? I signed up for a 30 day trail and can not get into the system. Put in the two zip codes for this area and I get zip code reserved.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Iv read everything you have posted on this site and my partner is on the fence. First you came out wanted 99 per zip and its now down to like 9 or 10 per zip code. So why did the price crash to one tenth of the original asking price were you originally just being greedy or did you honestly not see how over a grand a year per zip would turn off most landscapers? Did you not get enough business and were you forced to cut the price or did you do so well that you were able to meet your operating costs much easier than expected so you were able to slash the price?

Now you say you do not use bing or google and can give quotes on lawns under 1 acre. Which raises more questions than in answers for me. I suppose you could be doing grand lists but not all city's and towns have that stuff on line or easily give out that info. In my 3 main towns one has a staff of dozens and is most helpful the others have 2 and 3 person staffs and are drowning in paper and nothing is automated. Further more you said up to an acre on one post why is it capped at that and what caused that cap? I find that cap most curious since if it was public information that you used then you should have all lot sizes not just the smaller ones. But the other thing I am curious about is how do you get lawn sizes when the lawns have tree lines and major areas are blocked from view via satellite? My personal home you would never see 26000 sqft of lawn from a areal view no matter what direction the picture was snapped from you would have 5-10k sqft hidden from view which raises the question then how do you know lawn sizes. How is it you know the bed sizes the drive way sizes the walk ways the structures and can get an accurate number?

And finally why did you make it exclusive one client per zip code? What if there are a couple hundred lawn companies there aren't you screwing yourself out of income by turning away the ones that got there late? And if I am right about that whats to keep you from correcting that at a later time and making the markets open?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Went to the site to do the demo
.....zip code reverses itself...and half my property addresses wont even come up. Worthless
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
aeration , estimates , fertilization , mowing , quoting bidding