Register free!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Best method for price shopping my local competition on dry Fertilizer application...?

My primary focus is smaller lawns and residential and smaller commercial lawns.

I'm trying to price hunt....Not just a single application but the entire growing season. I will not call out any local Co. In my area but even a weed and feed broadcast spray from a truck with hoses and reels. I'm not sure how they are making much money...?

My focus is optimum turf management and keeping lawns weed resistant by ideal mowing heights, aeration, proper irrigation cycles. If a client insists on scalp mowing and daily watering cycles I really don't want them as clients.

I'm willing to bundle in weed spot spraying with this season long fert application customers but I'm not going to push weed control as major since this will be my 1st year licesnsed for herbicides and I will not have any elaborate spray equipment.

I plan on bundling a few extra services for fert clients that I believe will be a big hit.

I don't really want to waste my time on wild goose chases and waste the time of the competition for fake price quotes.

Customers seem to always get caught up in the cost per service here. Many can't see the advantage of slow release fert or the fact that my Plugr 850's leave substantially more plugs on the lawn vs standard rolling tine units.

Any help much appreciated in the open and via PM and email etc.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 02-01-2013 at 11:01 AM.