Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Just want to bump this thread, I have seen a lot of new faces on LS with questions on the Gravely 400 series.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

GMLC, do you have any experience with the 460 diesel? I talked to the gravely dealer and he told me i could get it for $12800 with fleet pricing. i prefer a toro but at that price and everything i've seen that is one nice machine. the toro and exmark are at $15000 with the same 25hp kubota diesel
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
GMLC, do you have any experience with the 460 diesel? I talked to the gravely dealer and he told me i could get it for $12800 with fleet pricing. i prefer a toro but at that price and everything i've seen that is one nice machine. the toro and exmark are at $15000 with the same 25hp kubota diesel
Sorry I dont have personal experience with the diesel. I have heard that it is amazing!! I know for a fact Kubota makes one heck of a diesel engine and Gravely makes one heck of a machine so I would imagine it is a great combo!

I like Toro but once you demo the 400 series it really does speak for it self!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I spent the day today with two great Gravely Reps(Kevin and Ron) at Turf Depot's open house!! Where I learned some exciting news about the X-Factor deck, by next spring it will be updated with a new larger discharge opening and a front adjustable skirt!! Gravely does listen to our feedback!!!

Also tomorrow I will be receiving the new Pro-Stance 52 for as long as I need to write a review!!!
I have tried to follow the reviews posted by everyone about the Pro Turn 400 series and bought one today. I got the 452. I am curious as to when the newer design to the x-factor deck would have been available. I have not taken possession of my mower yet and it would be great if it had the updated version. It's not a deal breaker if it doesn't but how can I tell if the one I have purchased is the updated one or not? I mean the guy could say it is and I wouldn't know one way or the other.
Excellent reviews by all of you BTW. I purchased my mower based on the info provided here on this site. Thank you all very much for your honest input. My other brand choices were the Dixie Chopper, grasshopper or Hustler.
I can't wait till the grass starts growing here in SW Florida. I think the seat is going to be the best part on my rig because of my back problems. Thanks again to all of you.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am very curious about that too.. I almost went in a couple days ago to order my 460, but i decided to wait a couple weeks first. While i would love the new deck, the wider opening also makes me wonder if the bigger opening would effect how well the deck lifts up the grass. Basically the vacuum of it. Im sure it wouldnt matter but its in the back of my head.. especially since now i know just how well the old decks work. Im sure either way it will be fine and you will be getting a great mower
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was told the update is two parts. A wider discharge opening and an adjustable front deck edge baffle. I have not seen either in person though.

Personally if it's possible I'd get the newer style deck with the updates.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornFart View Post
I have tried to follow the reviews posted by everyone about the Pro Turn 400 series and bought one today. I got the 452. I am curious as to when the newer design to the x-factor deck would have been available. I have not taken possession of my mower yet and it would be great if it had the updated version. It's not a deal breaker if it doesn't but how can I tell if the one I have purchased is the updated one or not? I mean the guy could say it is and I wouldn't know one way or the other.
Excellent reviews by all of you BTW. I purchased my mower based on the info provided here on this site. Thank you all very much for your honest input. My other brand choices were the Dixie Chopper, grasshopper or Hustler.
I can't wait till the grass starts growing here in SW Florida. I think the seat is going to be the best part on my rig because of my back problems. Thanks again to all of you.
First off, congrats on your purchase!! Your going to be very happy.

I was told the new deck should be out in the spring. If your not familiar with the original discharge opening size the best way to tell the difference would be to look under the front of the deck for the adjustable front skirt.

The X-Factor cuts great just the way it is but due to landscaper feedback Gravely is making these changes. I believe this will make the X-Factor deck even better and IMO the best deck available. I felt it was already the perfect blend of Scag's and Exmark's decks but with the new adjustments it will be able to be customized to the operators preference. The bigger discharge will help spread and fan thick clippings and the adjustable skirt will allow for fine tuning of vacuum or "lift" depending on grass conditions. Gravely is very good at making in production improvements which tend to be more expensive(for Gravely) but the revised products hit the market faster! No waiting for next years model!

I hope Gravely can chime in on when the deck is officially available.

Last edited by GMLC; 02-07-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornFart View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what did the 452 set you back in price? They sure are nice looking mowers...
Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what did the 452 set you back in price? They sure are nice looking mowers...
My 452 was $10600 with the bagging system. I got 20% off for fleet pricing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not a bad price for such a quality built mower, but a little out of my price range. I guess I could check in to a lightly used model. I do have a dealer pretty close by.