Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Hey Bud, Hey guys... I am actually new as well, new to the forum and a new owner. Have been working in the business for just over 10 years now however.. It's nice to see some names that I recognize:Ygim and joesimoes2. I recognize you guys because i have been reading the threads for a long time off google... just never signed up but now that i am a owner, i feel it is very important. Are there many companies in your area zfisher?
There are a few I would guess,just like every every where else. you got the big guys how have every thing lettered with 100k in equipment,the guy in the middle with nice equipment an a few 1000 in equipment and then the Gypsy's with a pickup and a push mower with seal coat all over every thing!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

haha! seal coat on everything! that's funny.... We have had 2 really good storms but I just got my truck last week.. Darn! Anyway, got it ready to go.. it's a 2003 f350 with a Western pro 8 ft. It's just killing me seeing it sitting there! hope we get some more snow.... more snow is good for the spring as well because all the flow to watersheds and what not right?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
haha! seal coat on everything! that's funny.... We have had 2 really good storms but I just got my truck last week.. Darn! Anyway, got it ready to go.. it's a 2003 f350 with a Western pro 8 ft. It's just killing me seeing it sitting there! hope we get some more snow.... more snow is good for the spring as well because all the flow to watersheds and what not right?
you just jinxed us! The number one rule with a plow is never cry for snow!
You buy the plow to have it and remove snow with it! Dont buy a plow to make money cause then it wont snow! lol! They say it takes 5 years to pay a plow off,Unless its like the winter of 2010/2011!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfisher View Post
you just jinxed us! The number one rule with a plow is never cry for snow!
You buy the plow to have it and remove snow with it! Dont buy a plow to make money cause then it wont snow! lol! They say it takes 5 years to pay a plow off,Unless its like the winter of 2010/2011!
Whoever said that is a moron. I more than paid off my plow in 1 event. They're probably saying that because they don;;t want any competition.

Snow plowing is a very lucrative business. It's shady as hell too. You'll see....

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 02-02-2013, 04:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Whoever said that is a moron. I more than paid off my plow in 1 event. They're probably saying that because they don;;t want any competition.

Snow plowing is a very lucrative business. It's shady as hell too. You'll see....
Well then my local Fisher dealer, My father, my Grandfather, both my uncles and about 6 other old timers that graduated from mowing Fields And landscaping in the 60's too Heavy Highway Construction, Excavating, & Building Million Dollar Log Homes ; Must all be Moron's! My first plow I paid off in one season! It snowed every week, sometimes twice!. The back up truck I put a plow on it Dec of 2011 and it has snowed 5 times from that Nov. I dont go out and push unless there is 4 inches on the grd. If the customer wants me to come out for less its is by there request.
I didn't ask for help with Pushing snow I asked about lawn care and how to get a respectable bizz going. But ya know what they say; Opinions are like A** holes and everybody's got one!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post

Or spends more than 5k on a truck

Not all of us can bill out 6k per event with 2 trucks