Originally Posted by 1idejim
Please read my post carefully.
1) If you are a veteran, own 51% or more of your business, go for it.
2) Take advantage of the breaks and incentives allowed you bidding jobs for city, county, state and fed work. You earned it.
3) Seek avenues of employement that that set you apart from standard competion. Public works is one.
4) Programs are out there that are lucretive enough that many companies pay a veteran with DV status to sit on their board in order to qualify as DBVE. This is wrong and they should be jailed.
5) If you are an employor and hire vets, be proud of it and advertize that fact in every facit of your biz.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I've heard of being hired by gov't, city, etc. as a "disadvantaged business" being a Veteran, but I'm not sure how to work that angle/or where to look for it...