Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cedar Lawn Care in Utah

I am 31 years old. I am a full-time custodian at a school. A couple months ago I got the burning desire to start a lawn care company on the side (for now). I talked it over with the wife and off we go. From age 10-17 I helped my Dad with his small lawn mowing business. It was a way to earn good money as a teenager. Now I want a real business. I want one that is more professional, and profitable. I live in a city of 30k and feel like the door is wide open for a real professional, well run business in my market. I look forward to meeting and talking to all of you. Check out my site below. It's very simple, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome, and nice to hear your getting back into the green industry!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the website, I wonder if you watched the same tutorial as I did on youtube. I have a question though, how did you get your header so large and the phone number and city in the top right? It's only allowing me one 300x100 pixel image and it seems tiny at the top... I don't think I have enough posts to send you a pm.

On a side note, this will be my first year full time if all goes to plan, I've been part time on and off for a few years.

Equipment List:

2005 Ford Ranger 4.0L 4x4
6.5' x 14' Trailer
2005 52" Wright Stander
2006 22” Husqvarna 55R21HV
2012 Stihl BG85 Handheld Blower
2012 Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To get the stuff in the top right of my site, under widgets there is one called top widget. I put in the text there. To be able to edit the text more than the standard lets you I had to get a plugin called Black Studio Tiny MCE. Putting that plugin into any text field lets you edit it more than the standard lets you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_T View Post
I like the website, I wonder if you watched the same tutorial as I did on youtube. I have a question though, how did you get your header so large and the phone number and city in the top right? It's only allowing me one 300x100 pixel image and it seems tiny at the top... I don't think I have enough posts to send you a pm.

On a side note, this will be my first year full time if all goes to plan, I've been part time on and off for a few years.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I suppose you live far enough away from me. Lol. Site looks good. Simple. One question. Is all you do is mow and go? Reading your services section just describes a basic mowing. If that's all you do fine, but if you do more should list everything thing else you do not just describe one service.

Tags
custodian , donkeys , lawn , newbie , utah