Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

its not the cheesy homeowner version. Ive been doing this for over 15 years. I wouldnt buy a homeowner machine for my business. It gets less than 200 hrs per year. My Grasshoppers get twice that with 0 problems.

This machine is the 34Z. Kawasaki 17HP FH541V. The current version of this machine is I guess what they now call the compact pro.

Anyway, that being said. Its crap. Refer to my prior descriptions. It cost over $5000 new. Worst $5K i ever spent. I had to choose between the exmark, the toro and the gravely. I made the mistake and went Gravely.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrep View Post
Maybe its a fluke. Maybe I just got a lemon. I bought this machine back in 2009. Only has about 700hrs on it. Doesnt' get much use. Mainly just backyards.

Purchase problems with the dealer. Minor engine problems from the start. Had to take to the incompetent dealer for repair. Did I mention he was incompetent? Couldnt properly sell the machine to me. Couldnt fix it when I brought it back.

About 18 months in. Axle broke off. No fault with me. Im careful with all my stuff. I drove into a back yard. Thought I had a sudden flat. Nope! Surprise my axle broke off. The other dealer never heard of such a thing. Neither did I! Took that brilliant repair shop about 10 days to fix it. Is it just Gravely? I dont know.

Seat is supposed to slide back and forth. It doesnt. Never has. Multiple electrical problems. Today, I tried to tighten a loose bolt. It snapped off! Yeah!! I love Gravely. The quality appears to be outstanding.

Im a Grassshopper guy. About 10,000 hrs combined on Grasshoppers and I absolutely love em. Gravely... not so much. Not even the tiniest bit.

There, I vented. Thanks for the opportunity. Now I suppose I'll go fix my Gravely.....AGAIN!
mantrep:

I am sorry you had trouble with your Gravely mower. I sent you a private message to address your concerns. I hope to hear from you.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely Commericial -

Question for you..... do you know what the status on the redesign of the striper kit for the riders? Is it even being redesigned at this point?

Thanks again.

Doug
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know when the new xfactor deck with the two upgrades is going to be coming out?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post
Does anyone know when the new xfactor deck with the two upgrades is going to be coming out?
What are these to upgrades you speak of? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
What are these to upgrades you speak of? Inquiring minds want to know.
The X-Factor upgrades are a larger discharge opening and adjustable front skirt!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2013, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great to hear! I've been working with Gravely for a while on and off and have not been told anything about this! Keep us posted as to when this may happen.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Great to hear! I've been working with Gravely for a while on and off and have not been told anything about this! Keep us posted as to when this may happen.
I had heard at a Gravely event in NH last fall. Had lunch with some execs. I posted it in my pro-stance review. Should be out this spring!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I had heard at a Gravely event in NH last fall. Had lunch with some execs. I posted it in my pro-stance review. Should be out this spring!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Way cool for you. Dude, you are in the loop. Your like the spy at the Detroit Auto Show slipping info on the future concept cars!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Way cool for you. Dude, you are in the loop. Your like the spy at the Detroit Auto Show slipping info on the future concept cars!
It is great having him around Not sure If i want to wait until this comes out to order it or not... I was hoping to pick one up a little sooner than that but depending on when it happens I may wait