Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlin428 View Post
You have a good point, and I agree with it to a certain level. The way I look at it, since I will most likely be running it all by myself for now, I feel the likeliness of somebody getting hurt is reduced. There is always a risk with everything one does.

When it gets to the point where I need to hire people to work for me, that is another story. You do have a point, I really shouldn't risk it especially when it comes to other people. Getting insurance sounds pretty serious from the feedback I have gotten so far. Like I said, it is something that I would like to have, but I am just not made of money (yet).

Wow, that's really not that bad at all. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your business? It sounds like 2 mil of coverage is a pretty high number for a 1 man business. I will look into this with my current insurance company though. Thanks!

Well thanks for your input, I really mean that as well. Just to let you know, its not that I don't want to run a legitimate business, its that I don't think I can afford to run a legitimate business. After I make a little bit more money, I would like to purchase insurance and all that stuff, but with where I am at now I need to utilize every dollar I have and basic equipment outweighs insurance to me. I understand where you are coming from, non-legitimate businesses are frowned upon and unfortunately I am going to have to deal with that negativity until I can afford it. Gotta do what ya gotta do man.

Also, I do plan to ask my mom on tax stuff, I just figured that since you are in the industry you might be able to give me advise from a business point of view. No sweat though.
2 mil is a lot. We needed that high of coverage to get some commercial accounts. You won't need that much for residential accounts.

In 10 years I've never made an insurance claim.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds

Tags
advise , lawn mowing , new business , start-up , tips