Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
I didn't see an easy way to postpone jobs due to a holiday or rain day.
SAP you can, in fact related to holidays.

at the begining of the season, I update the "master" schedule. I already knwo ahead of time that the 4th of july is on a thursday thisyear. and not only will that effect all customers on thursdays. but may effect wenesday and friday customers as well. so make the adjustments now, to the master schedule.

when I add a cusomer to a "thursday route" (or any other) i no longer have to remember to manually change the holiday...its already done in the master. when july comes the route is already planned for the nessesary adjustments....and this is true with any other holiday this year.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrimacmill View Post

1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - I would like to have a simple interface within this program to track what maintenance was done to what equipment. It could tie in the timesheet & expense tracking into this to help determine maintenance costs.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - Being an online program we all know it has a pretty accurate clock attached to it. I would like to see the timesheets option have a big STOP and START button for the crews to use. Under that could be the same drop down menu that they already have that allows the user to classify what the time was for. So when they show up at a site, click Start Clock > Select Job # (or location) > and then the clock starts. When the job is finished, the crew clicks Stop Clock > Start Transportation Time .... Etc. This way I could get a report for the most important part of running a landscaping company JOB COSTING. If someone knows how many hours of drive time, mow time, mulching time, repair/maintenance time, etc that they spent over the course of a whole season, then it becomes extremely powerful information to have for next year budgeting and determining production rates. This is the biggest reason I'm looking to upgrade my software. I'm tired of transferring paper documents with horrible handwriting into spreadsheets...

3. E-mail Tracking - Jobber already seems to have a pretty mild version of a CRM program built in that holds all relevant customer info. But I would really like to see it also track e-mails for each client and attach them to their file. This is not something that is too hard for a program to do if the user just Bcc: every e-mail to Jobber. I've seen it done this way on many dedicated CRM solutions, but I would really love to see it in Jobber.

Is anyone listening......

I would sign up in a hart beat if this was available
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service auto pilot is priced based on your size. I researched and tried a of them...and went with sap. I am extremely happy. Yes there are things they could make better and i know every day they are actively working to. I love that i can access my business info from any computer..tablet..or smartphone since it is web based. It has functionality in botb areas i was looking....invoicing and scheduling. It may be a little more pricy than some...
But without spending k$$$$$....it is definitely money well spent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service auto pilot is priced based on your size. I researched and tried a of them...and went with sap. I am extremely happy. Yes there are things they could make better and i know every day they are actively working to. I love that i can access my business info from any computer..tablet..or smartphone since it is web based. It has functionality in botb areas i was looking....invoicing and scheduling. It may be a little more pricy than some...
But without spending k$$$$$....it is definitely money well spent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean Cut Lawns View Post

Is anyone listening......

I would sign up in a hart beat if this was available

I'm not sure they are... Are you there Jobber???

This is key for us. If you could sell a business a software program that when followed to your instructions, will put that production information into the hands of the business owner - people would be crazy not to buy your system.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
I'm not sure they are... Are you there Jobber???
This is key for us. If you could sell a business a software program that when followed to your instructions, will put that production information into the hands of the business owner - people would be crazy not to buy your system.
Hi Hi Hi,

Hey guys! Yeah we're definitely listening — for some reason LawnSite isn't automatically sending us the thread update notifications like it usually does, so I'm just manually checking around when I can. Sorry for the delay!

1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - This is on our radar as we have had one or two requests for this. I will be honest with you though, based on feedback - this isn't a top priority for us so it will be a while out.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - While we do have a way to enter this now, we agree that it can be a bit cumbersome. This is something that we do have near the top of our list that more people have asked for to help them with job costing. Of the 3 features mentioned, this will be here first.

3. E-mail Tracking - Every interaction with the customer related to quotes, billing etc. in Jobber is stored and readily available in the client view. However, we don't have a way to link email correspondence that you are having outside of Jobber. Once again, this is something we are aware of but we will be focusing on making Jobber tick perfectly from the inside first.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We truly appreciate it! I'm glad to see that there is some very intensive investigations out there and our favorite R+D partners on LS are working hard!

Cheers,

Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Hi Hi Hi,

Hey guys! Yeah we're definitely listening — for some reason LawnSite isn't automatically sending us the thread update notifications like it usually does, so I'm just manually checking around when I can. Sorry for the delay!

1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - This is on our radar as we have had one or two requests for this. I will be honest with you though, based on feedback - this isn't a top priority for us so it will be a while out.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - While we do have a way to enter this now, we agree that it can be a bit cumbersome. This is something that we do have near the top of our list that more people have asked for to help them with job costing. Of the 3 features mentioned, this will be here first.

3. E-mail Tracking - Every interaction with the customer related to quotes, billing etc. in Jobber is stored and readily available in the client view. However, we don't have a way to link email correspondence that you are having outside of Jobber. Once again, this is something we are aware of but we will be focusing on making Jobber tick perfectly from the inside first.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We truly appreciate it! I'm glad to see that there is some very intensive investigations out there and our favorite R+D partners on LS are working hard!

Cheers,

Jeff

This all makes sense, as I feel the START/STOP feature is by far the most important and useful of any of these features.

I played with the new time & expense tracking the other day before my trial ran out. I liked it, but was surprised when I was unable to add a photo of a receipt to an expense from the iphone view.

I did really like how on a maintenance account it will list each visit with the applicable time spent onsite.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
This all makes sense, as I feel the START/STOP feature is by far the most important and useful of any of these features.

I played with the new time & expense tracking the other day before my trial ran out. I liked it, but was surprised when I was unable to add a photo of a receipt to an expense from the iphone view.

I did really like how on a maintenance account it will list each visit with the applicable time spent onsite.
Hi Merrimacmill,

Yeah, sorry about the picture deficiency. The problem is that the mobile access through Jobber is web based and the iOS mobile operating system won't allow access to the camera roll. This is supposed to be addressed in the newest version of iOS and ultimately will be included when we launch the Jobber mobile app.

In the meantime, you can still add a photo from the desktop interface for Jobber. It is a two step process (if you have to send the pic from your phone first) which we loath but will have to do for now.

Would you like me to extend your trial? Obviously you need to have proper time to experiment with it and take it for a test drive. With all the new improvements we have made lately, I'd be happy to give you more time. Just PM me with your company name that you signed up for the free trial if you would like me to extend it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
1. Equipment Maintenance Tracking - I would like to have a simple interface within this program to track what maintenance was done to what equipment. It could tie in the timesheet & expense tracking into this to help determine maintenance costs.

2. Start/Stop Button on Time Tracking - Being an online program we all know it has a pretty accurate clock attached to it. I would like to see the timesheets option have a big STOP and START button for the crews to use. Under that could be the same drop down menu that they already have that allows the user to classify what the time was for. So when they show up at a site, click Start Clock > Select Job # (or location) > and then the clock starts. When the job is finished, the crew clicks Stop Clock > Start Transportation Time .... Etc. This way I could get a report for the most important part of running a landscaping company JOB COSTING. If someone knows how many hours of drive time, mow time, mulching time, repair/maintenance time, etc that they spent over the course of a whole season, then it becomes extremely powerful information to have for next year budgeting and determining production rates. This is the biggest reason I'm looking to upgrade my software. I'm tired of transferring paper documents with horrible handwriting into spreadsheets...

3. E-mail Tracking - Jobber already seems to have a pretty mild version of a CRM program built in that holds all relevant customer info. But I would really like to see it also track e-mails for each client and attach them to their file. This is not something that is too hard for a program to do if the user just Bcc: every e-mail to Jobber. I've seen it done this way on many dedicated CRM solutions, but I would really love to see it in Jobber.
merrimacmill if you could only pick one of these 3 which would be the most important?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I decided to go with clip. It has some flaws but it has a lot of features as well.