Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry James, didn't mean to pry, just trying to help you differentiate your lamp from the others. Since you said you're not an electrical engineer I figured you would just state sales material not the secret recipe. Anyways don't worry I'm not interested in taking your driver. Sounds like a good one.

I'm curious which fixtures work best with LED lamps. Are you saying the smallest fixture is the best test? If it works in the small it will work better in the large?

True if the LED lamp says not dimmable don't try to dim it. You should always test before moving forward with a dimming system. Makes sense.

Yes the lamp is anodized alum not real gold, it was only $$$. I'm sorry to say they did not have your lamps James but they did have Steve's. I was just curious about this fantastic new "gold" lamp. I'm teasing but the marketing is really good, lamps could be too.

We have a module. It's open architecture, anyone could put their top secret driver inside if they want. Separate deal from the fixtures. I designed it for manufacturer's and end users. In my opinion there hasn't been anything on the market that really addresses the needs of lighting manufacturer's.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sherman, I actually like the idea of an OEM module. I took a really good look at yours and it is a really smart design. It reminds me of the Terralux module that Vision3 and CAST use, only with easier to change optics, and that cool locking/conduction cam. Smart idea. Any chance you will be publishing some performance specifications for it?

I don't know if anyone can say some fixtures work better with LED lamps than others. Obviously really cheap, leaky fixtures are not ideal, but in terms of thermal performance my thoughts are: if the lamps perform perfectly well inside very small, sealed fixtures then they are bound to perform just as well in larger fixtures with more internal convection currents / larger surface area (conduction).

No worries on trying the 'competition' Sherman. There is plenty of market out there for everybody. Its not possible for every distributor to carry every brand of lamp. Some will go with Brand I and others with Brand B.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Atkinson View Post
Back to Mike's original question, yes, color lamps are available from Brilliance LED. Besides the warm and cool whites, red, green, blue, and amber are also available in the mr-16, the par36, and the bi-pin.
Thank you, Steve!

I will be considering the potential market using color LED's for commercial properties. Not quite Disney, as James refers, but we do have a lot of resorts in my market (including a Disney-owned one). Green LED's are incredibly beautiful on the tropical palms at entrances to residential and resort communities. A well-made design using a color scheme for an outdoor restaurant could certainly separate me from a lot of competition.

I need to attend a lighting industry show, but I'm landlocked and isolated until summer.