Register free!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback. The integration of survey equiptment might be a bit of a long shot. But I would like to be able to integrate that into the workflow as a 'module' at some point. So I guess for now, maybe that aspect is too complex, but I still am interested in presentation software.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Something to consider is I sub out all my advanced SketchUp (3d) work. I was pretty darn good with SU (if I do say so) several years ago, but in that time I've seen a lot of guys blow past me in terms of skill and talent. I had to choose between spending loads of time trying to catch up, or focusing on my core business and subbing that portion out. Subbing it was the way to go. I still do the simpler stuff in house, but anything where it needs to look photorealistic, or anything that'll take me more than 3-4 hours to model, gets outsourced. (and to be clear, outsourced to a guy on the east coast, not overseas. Nope. Won't do that)

If you want to do 3d modeling in house using SU, hit me up and I'll walk you through how I do terrain. It's dead simple/
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Where do you sub out these sketchup modeling and what does it cost?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

PM me and I'll go over it with you
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Have used Prolandscape for 2 years, it is good but wasn't good enough. Subbed out the designing to someone else last year for the most part. Earlier this week bought visionscape. If you know your plants and are good designing hardscapes and everything else this program is the easiest and best that I know of. You can do 3d walkthroughs like in dynascape. Also the cost comparison between visionscape and dynascape/prolandscape is big. Had the program for a week, have done 4 designs and it has paid for itself already. And designs take more than half the time than prolandscape. Try it, they give you a free demo for one design.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolleysLandscaping View Post
Have used Prolandscape for 2 years, it is good but wasn't good enough. Subbed out the designing to someone else last year for the most part. Earlier this week bought visionscape. If you know your plants and are good designing hardscapes and everything else this program is the easiest and best that I know of. You can do 3d walkthroughs like in dynascape. Also the cost comparison between visionscape and dynascape/prolandscape is big. Had the program for a week, have done 4 designs and it has paid for itself already. And designs take more than half the time than prolandscape. Try it, they give you a free demo for one design.
Will visionscape build an estimate or have any proposal features? Do you have to build the house before you can design, or can you take pictures like PL?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Maybe I never used prolandscape to it's full potential idk, all I ever used was the 3D and proposal (drawing once in awhile for site plans and irrigation plans). But in visionscape you have to build the house, takes minutes for your normal house. Looks better doing it this way then when you upload the picture into prolandscape. As far as the estimate goes, I still use prolandscape's proposal program. Visionscape will tell you the square footage and whatever other numbers you need.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few more questions for you regarding plant lists. I see they have Monrovia and Proven Winners listed. Do you have access plants outside of those growers? Can you make favorites lists, and can you organize the database by hardiness zone?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Not sure I can answer that question. Just started with this program the first of the week. Also, all we use personally are those two company's here