Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
It may work in Texas but it is unlikely to work in any blue state

Correct. I live in NJ. Strict gun laws. Personally, I think the right to bear arms is a god given right. However, I do not think anyone should be able to carry in public, open OR concealed. That should be reserved for Law Enforcement Officers. Period.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well after finally taking my pistol permit class, I have decided not to carry, there may be times when I will, but certainly not while working, it would be very tough and highly unlikely that my life will ever be in danger in the cities and towns I work in, not saying its impossible but the crime rates in which the neighborhoods I do work in is very low. just about no shootings. no car jackings, almost no armed robbery. I will still buy 3-4 pistols but probably only carry when going to places that have mass amounts of people that are more prone to committing crimes. places like the mall near me are much more dangerous then anywhere I go for work. really the mall is probably the most dangerous place i frequent. so for me carrying would just not be very useful. but good luck to anyone who is and wants to. home defense is probably the only time I will need to fire any weapon the rest of the time will be as a hobby.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Ruger LCP works great working in the hot summer weather. Any other time its a Glock 27 or 36.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I have carried a Ruger LCP for a couple of years now. No matter which you go with if you pocket carry like I have been you'll need to wipe it down frequently, I do it every evening with Rem wipes.
Posted via Mobile Device
This may have been touched on later in the thread,I haven't read it all, sorry. I wouldn't recommend the lcp. The fact there is no safety and when doing the work you do in this business your doing a lot of moving around is enough of a reason for me.
I would recommend the ruger lc9 however. It has a safety, and honestly I would prefer a 9mm over a380 any day. Not saying the lcp is bad, my wife carries one. Only because her s/w 9mm was more weight then she wanted in her bag. The 380 would be fine very close quarters, but the 9mm would offer far greater stopping power.
The lc9 is also very compact. You could put in your jean pocket and go, not the best way to do it, but you could.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

IT is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Love Guns!

I have two guns with me always Taurus judge in console and a 12 ga. pump under back seat. I live in the south that's the way we do it here.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven1277 View Post
An armed police officer assigned to a school is one thing. I agree with that, especially for a high school. I'm not sure its necessary for primary schools, but on duty town police officers could include making the rounds through elementary schools randomly, including walking the halls and interacting with the students. That would be a much better solution than arming teachers. This is what the police sign up for. They receive proper training. Teachers don't, even if they go through the training course, its not the same. Can you imagine the potential concerns with school employees carrying firearms? Increases liability insurance for one. Lawsuits with that one time a hand gun gets into a child's hands. I know gun control is an unpopular view on this site. But if you take away guns, you take away gun violence. England is a good example. Very tight gun laws= very low gun deaths. Its a very simple equation.
That is dumbest thing I have ever heard. Look at Australia and see what happened when they took all the guns away, their gun murder rate went up 17%. Gun control just makes it easier for criminals to commit crimes and us civilians not be able to defend ourselves
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching View Post
This may have been touched on later in the thread,I haven't read it all, sorry. I wouldn't recommend the lcp. The fact there is no safety and when doing the work you do in this business your doing a lot of moving around is enough of a reason for me.
I would recommend the ruger lc9 however. It has a safety, and honestly I would prefer a 9mm over a380 any day. Not saying the lcp is bad, my wife carries one. Only because her s/w 9mm was more weight then she wanted in her bag. The 380 would be fine very close quarters, but the 9mm would offer far greater stopping power.
The lc9 is also very compact. You could put in your jean pocket and go, not the best way to do it, but you could.
I will be getting a 9mm this year to add to the collection mainly for the cost of ammo.

I carry the LCP in a pocket holster that completely covers the trigger and it is DAO. The safety is between your ears!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

i own a lawn and property preservation company i require all of my crew leaders to have a gun at all times. we work in some rough areas. i"ve been in business for 5 years and i open carry a gun all the time if they see it they think twice. i also have a concerned weapons permit to. carrying gun isnt bad if im doing a private home then no we dont carry it but if im dont a bank own home then yes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on the days jobs and how im feeling, I carry a glock 21sf (small of my back) or my taurus .357 2" front pocket. but Im waiting for my dealer to get the new glock 30s. that may be my new .45 of choice to carry. BWT i also keep a S&W sigma 9mm in the truck somewhere. you can never be too prepaired.