Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I carry a 56" lazer, 48" metro, 36" metro and a 21" craftsman i very rarely use the 21 very rarely. the 36 can get through all of my gates. i use the 21 for ditch lines and extremely steep inclines. i actually have a rope i can clip on to it and i have to sit on the top of the hill and lower the mower down the hill and pull it up over and over and over to mow an area on 1 of my yards. its faster than using the trimmer and easier on the ankles. i was bringing and wearing a pair of football cleats to try and stand on the hill. after about 3-4 good falls with the trimmer i had to figure something else out. where i am its all mountains steep inclines is all we have.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Member

36 is the smallest I use. rest are 48 and 60 in exmarks. No 21 inch mowers in my trailer
BOSS plows
Echo and Exmark gear
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones68 View Post
I carry a 56" lazer, 48" metro, 36" metro and a 21" craftsman i very rarely use the 21 very rarely. the 36 can get through all of my gates. i use the 21 for ditch lines and extremely steep inclines. i actually have a rope i can clip on to it and i have to sit on the top of the hill and lower the mower down the hill and pull it up over and over and over to mow an area on 1 of my yards. its faster than using the trimmer and easier on the ankles. i was bringing and wearing a pair of football cleats to try and stand on the hill. after about 3-4 good falls with the trimmer i had to figure something else out. where i am its all mountains steep inclines is all we have.
I saw a guy doing that on a steep bank in front of his house. Instead of letting it down and pulling it back up he was walking across the top on the flat and mowing horizontal. I was driving by so I didn't get a great look but it looked like he had fabricated some bars to the deck to keep it from flipping. He had also removed the handle.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I carry only a 48 and 36 inch exmark metro. Have 21 only use it if there is a break down. All my lots are typical subdivision with a few larger property.
Posted via Mobile Device