Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-06-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Walker 52in Mulch/Rear Discharge super B

Anyone running the this mower deck combo .... how is its finish cut / rough turf , Im a Fl guy so we can get some pretty nasty grass down here .... and how do the super B's compare against a big midmont mower?

I have 3 walkers MT models ( 2 MTL's, 1 MDGHS ) and a Gravely PT 260

Thanks in advanced!!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarhammock View Post
Anyone running the this mower deck combo .... how is its finish cut / rough turf , Im a Fl guy so we can get some pretty nasty grass down here .... and how do the super B's compare against a big midmont mower?

I have 3 walkers MT models ( 2 MTL's, 1 MDGHS ) and a Gravely PT 260

Thanks in advanced!!
We run 2 of them and love them. Don't know about FL turf for we deal with cool season tall fescue up here in MD which can get pretty nasty during a wet spring and we have had no problems. You will be amazed how well they cut, we certainly were. Handles the grass extremely well and saves us a lot of time with not having to clean up much beds and such when we're done.

As for comparing it to a large mid-mount, in my mind there is no comparison. If speed is all that you are looking for than a mid-mount is your answer. If you are looking for a productive, great cutting, stable on hills, nimble, and easy to maintain machine than a Super B is what you need. Don't just take my word for it, take one for a demo (and not just around a parking lot) I think you will be pleasantly surprised! While you are at it take a close look at the MB with the 48'' mulching deck. We have a couple of them too. After seeing what these two model can do you may not want to use your GHS models anymore. We don't.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks! im not all about speed but it is a nice extra

Im gonna talk too my dealer friday and get them to bring me a demo mower, plus the walker guys are gonna be at my dealer end of this month

I run 42 muchlers and a 48 discharge and I love those. The ghs is my leaf / dethatch mower ( and i picked it up for 1200 for a diesel )

I mulch most of the time ... but I discharge on my bigger stuff but your right about the clean ups. I like the gravely but it just hasnt been a walker if you know what I mean.

you dont have any pics of what it looks like after you cut high stuff do you?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarhammock View Post
thanks! im not all about speed but it is a nice extra

Im gonna talk too my dealer friday and get them to bring me a demo mower, plus the walker guys are gonna be at my dealer end of this month

I run 42 muchlers and a 48 discharge and I love those. The ghs is my leaf / dethatch mower ( and i picked it up for 1200 for a diesel )

I mulch most of the time ... but I discharge on my bigger stuff but your right about the clean ups. I like the gravely but it just hasnt been a walker if you know what I mean.

you dont have any pics of what it looks like after you cut high stuff do you?
I do have some after pics of stuff done with the 52" combo deck and some hill work done with a MB with the 48" mulch deck. Sorry no before pics. If you can PM me your email I'll share them with you. I can never get the pics to upload to this site.

If you are already happy with the 42" mulching deck on a GHS model you will be floored with both MB and MBS. They are much faster and more agile than the older models. They definitely handle hills better than any other machine that I have used. The newer style 48'' mulching deck is way more improved than the original 42" mulching deck that I had (and I was impressed with the original 42"). You are really going to like them. I do know what you meant when you said it just isn't a Walker but a lot of people will never get it??? Also for those who have a bad taste in the mouth from the "Old Walker" should really give the MB & MBS a try. They are truly a whole new animal worth reckoning.