Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
wegomow's Avatar
wegomow wegomow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Bern NC
Posts: 360
C'mon pay attention to the post and read all the way through. How many times does he have to say it?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
dstifel's Avatar
dstifel dstifel is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: des moines ia
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Does your company own your truck?
Or does it double as a personal vehicle?
Posted via Mobile Device
Company owns it have a mini as my personal car. Although it gets about 1000 miles a year on it haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
TopQualityLawnCare's Avatar
TopQualityLawnCare TopQualityLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 115
Look at the link I posted a few posts bacck is this a good buy for the mower he wants 2000
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,357
my problem with buying used is i am not to terribly great at fixing my own stuff. I have an older exmark i bought 8 weeks ago, i test ran it and it ran fine, i got it home it ran good, cut good... but i noticed on hills it was cutting out a bit, so i took it to the shop.. 1 month later and a 225 dollar repair bill, (picked it up yesterday) and i now have a $1000 piece of scrap metal in my garage that will not start.. lol. I am slowly learning how to fix things on my own, i'm better with tinkering with the 2 cycle stuff, but when it comes to mower engine, not to comfortable just yet.

So.. i've already spent $1225 and i still gotta get this thing running because i got yards to cut next month... totally wishing i would have put 2k down on a new mower now. i could still buy one cash or finance, but i'm to cheap for that now.. i need some financial cushion in case i have a bad first year. looks like i'm gonna be push mowing with the 21".. the repair places in my area are piss poor and seem dishonest, i've been burned many times trying to get equipment fixed, getting my stuff back usually a month later no different than how i brought it in, or in most cases worse. I don't even mind paying the money to get something fixed, if the mechanic would actually fix the problem. it was that way with an aerator i had last year, now with a mower... frustrating.

so yeah, thats why i don't think financing is such a bad idea sometimes..
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:33 AM
Richard Martin's Avatar
Richard Martin Richard Martin is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 14,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by wegomow View Post
If you can finance something for 0%, "it's always a good thing to use someone else's money". My wife was in banking for years and that has always been her motto. Just make your payments on time and a little more than the minimum so you pay it off on time and do not get hit with finance charges.
This is good advice. Even if you have to pay interest it's still a good idea to finance. You need to build your credit rating. The world revolves around credit and it is how sound companies operate. If you don't think that you can make the payments in the winter time then do NOT finance. Excellent credit used wisely can take you places that cash buyers can only dream of.
__________________
Serving Greenville, Winterville and Ayden NC


Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,177
0% financing is a no brainer especially with no early payoff penalty. Its free use of someone elses money!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
0% financing is a no brainer especially with no early payoff penalty. Its free use of someone elses money!!
Posted via Mobile Device
This is exactly how I look at it...a no brainer. I'm not saying buy stuff you don't need cause its 0%, but in this guys case, he can get a brand new machine and space it out over 48 months....the guys that sit here and say pay cash for everything really have no idea how money works.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
This is exactly how I look at it...a no brainer. I'm not saying buy stuff you don't need cause its 0%, but in this guys case, he can get a brand new machine and space it out over 48 months....the guys that sit here and say pay cash for everything really have no idea how money works.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly!! I would rather keep my money in the bank or invested. Let someone elses money do the work for free!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
skorum03 skorum03 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
This is exactly how I look at it...a no brainer. I'm not saying buy stuff you don't need cause its 0%, but in this guys case, he can get a brand new machine and space it out over 48 months....the guys that sit here and say pay cash for everything really have no idea how money works.
Posted via Mobile Device

I completely understand your point and what you mean about financing because it can definitely be the way to go, but what about when earlier in the thread he said he only had $2000 for a mower? And I believe he mentioned only having $4000 sitting in the bank? Is he going to have to make a big down payment on that 0% for 48 months? I'm actually asking because I'm 20 years old, new and don't know. It seems to me that if he could find a good deal on a used machine for $1000 it would be the way to go because he wouldn't be blowing that much of his load, but then again it is used and you don't always know what you're going to get. So in that sense, you would think to finance.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
__________________
2000 Silverado Half ton 4x4
2000 Ford Excursion 4x4
2001 Ford F250 PSD w/8ft Western Ultra Mount
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 7,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorum03 View Post
I completely understand your point and what you mean about financing because it can definitely be the way to go, but what about when earlier in the thread he said he only had $2000 for a mower? And I believe he mentioned only having $4000 sitting in the bank? Is he going to have to make a big down payment on that 0% for 48 months? I'm actually asking because I'm 20 years old, new and don't know. It seems to me that if he could find a good deal on a used machine for $1000 it would be the way to go because he wouldn't be blowing that much of his load, but then again it is used and you don't always know what you're going to get. So in that sense, you would think to finance.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
It depends on the lender. There are quite a few that cater to this field. This time of year they are all offering deals. Some require money down, some don't. It really does pay to shop around when financing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.09192 seconds with 9 queries