Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I know that.. But you leave the ignition switch on unless the engine is on. If you need power for such as a radio, you turn the key to counter clockwise which doesnt add on to the engine hours
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my parents just got a new chrysler and it had 12 hours on it and 1 mile on it. All the newer cars from chrysler and ford have hour meters in them which is pretty cool. how many hours is too high for 43k miles?

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
my parents just got a new chrysler and it had 12 hours on it and 1 mile on it. All the newer cars from chrysler and ford have hour meters in them which is pretty cool. how many hours is too high for 43k miles?
I didn't do the math, this just a quick answer but I would think you want to be around 1000. When you go look at it, you can put the hours and mileage into a ratio equation and figure out what the average miles per hour is. If it comes out to <1 mile per hour, means it has a lot of idle or low speed driving which could mean been plowed with
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deererunner View Post
I didn't do the math, this just a quick answer but I would think you want to be around 1000. When you go look at it, you can put the hours and mileage into a ratio equation and figure out what the average miles per hour is. If it comes out to <1 mile per hour, means it has a lot of idle or low speed driving which could mean been plowed with
Posted via Mobile Device

That makes sense. Lets say the average truck speed is 25 mph, and it has been driven 10,000 miles. There should be around 400 ish hours on the engine. Correct? So for 43k miles there should be under 2000 hrs on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
WIth a heavy load, will it really strain a lot? I know my ram 1500 pulls heavy loads fine.
I had a 5.4 in my 06 250 (same 3V motor). I'd still have it if didn't have so much rust developing and needing new parts. Impressive power, far from it. Good overall truck, yes. The big thing when it comes to towing is what gear set it has. Mine was 3.73 which didn't help, 4.10 or higher would be better for sure. For a general use truck that isn't pulling really heavy all the time I think they are a fine truck. Hauling 10K everyday would get frustrating.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a nice looking truck. And the price is really attractive. Earlier in the plowing season I drove a buddies Dually F350 Dump with the 5.4 and it did really well with the plow and probably 3 ton of product in the V-Box. Motor had plenty of power and overall I was impressed. Now that I am driving the same exact truck with a 6.0 Powerstroke I would say the diesel is nice, But they both pushed the snow rather equally. Didnt haul with em as they arent my trucks, but thats my point of view with a plow and sander attached

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well i went and looked at the truck again and met up with the sales lady this morning. (was very nice of her to meet on a sunday) She told me that this was a former plow truck for the dealership and was this year when they were gifted a new f350 from ford because they had the highest sales rate per dealer size in Michigan. So i guess they are doing pretty well. They took the plow and everything off the undercarrage of the 2010 and put on the 2013 f 350. Before the truck plowed for the dealership(only last year and we had one plowable event last year) it was used by the dealership owner to travel up north to whitefish point michigan, and then to florida a couple times to his vacation homes. She proclaimed that it was all highway miles and they have every record on it since day one, which is nice to hear.

It is actually a Certified pre-owned truck so it has the remaining 100k mile warrenty, plus another 24month bumper to bumper warranty, just like a new one.

I talked her down to 16,250 otd, plus plates and title fee's. She could finance it over 84 months for $213 per month @2.25 percent.

I think this deal is too good to pass up. She also said that if i wanted a plow she could get me a boss 8 1/2 foot straight blade installed for 3,100 dollars or another 40 dollars per month.

Im kinda torn on what do to there, i dont need the plow for another 8 months until next season, and i could buy a plow outright and not add to the payment and install it, how i want it done precisely, myself and make sure its done right.

My plan is to pick the truck up after i go on vacation from the 14th t0 25th in a couple of days. I asked if she could call me if someone else was interested and if i had to, put a deposit on the truck. I left her a $1000 dollar check for the truck that she will hold onto when i get back, she just needed good faith that i am serious.

IF everything checks out, i will be the new proud owner of a 2010 f350.

Next thing is...... Do i trade my 06 ram 1500 in on it and have zero payment on this truck? And then buy a new(newer used) personal truck for my self? OR do i just keep driving my truck(with no payment) until it dies, and then get another truck in a couple of years when the ole dodge is tired.

What would you guys do?

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

84 month loan for a truck? I mean it's at a great rate but if you take it all the way could you to a point where you owe more than it could be worth? But that sure makes it cheap to own a nice truck!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would do it! Get the boss plow too. Its a great price on that as well. I would look to shorten the length of the loan if you can. I would get an 8ft blade though.
48 and 52 inch Scag Pro-V's
48 and 36 inch Great Dane hydro WB's
2-21in Honda HRC 216 hydro
Echo Hedge trimmer HC-150
2- Shindaiwa multi tool M2510
2-Hitachi string trimmers
Shindaiwa BP blower 854
Robin BP blower
Shindaiwa HT 2510 30in single sided trimmers
Echo Blower ES-230
Stihl Chain Saw 250

Last edited by BJWLAWNCARE; 02-10-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJWLAWNCARE View Post
I would do it! Get the boss plow too. Its a great price on that as well. I would look to shorten the length of the loan if you can. I would get an 8ft blade though.
That was her attractive pricing for me, a young 20 year old. LOL. This is going to be my first business loan without my dad to co-sign so im glad i qualified for such a low interest rate. I am going to shoot for a 5 year 60 month loan.

Pricing seems to be perfect and i will put some money upfront.

TRUCK: $16,250
PLOW: $3,100
FEE's: $500(title, plates, registration)
TAXES: $1,200
TOTAL: $21,050

$3k down
60 month loan 2.25%

$318.35 per month would be my payment. Its 45 dollars more than my dodge ram was, but is twice the truck at leased.

I think that is pretty damn afforable when i got quotes for 545 a month for a new f 250 xl package.

Insured and Licensed