Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maruyama handhelds?

My local dealer is now carrying a brand called Maruyama. With a better price AND warranty than comparable models...

5 Years FULL Commercial - WOW

Prices are about the same but my dealer has a special 30% off for new dealer promotion.

I have no reason to switch, stihl has been very good to me...but at almost half the price and over double the warranty, it has my interest! Dealer said he would give me "loaner" equipment in the event of a failure.

Anybody have any info on this brand? Any experience using them? I am looking to buy a new outfit this year... Trimmer , Blower , Edger , and Hedge trimmer.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I bought Maruyama's HH blower model BL3200 a few years ago. The stats on their website seemingly indicated some distinct advantages which I'm not sure were lived up to. The fuel tank is not as large as was advertised back then...and I'm pretty sure my commercial RedMax HH blower outblew it powerwise. Otherwise, it has proven to be extremely reliable and easy to start when I need/desire a HH over a BP (RedMax 8001 in my case).

On a side note, my other 2-stroke equipment did not like Maruyama's 2-stroke oil...so I quit using it. FWIW, I always use premium ethanol-free fuel...and have had no problems AT ALL using Stihl's full-synthetic 2-stroke oil.

Unless things have changed since my Maruyama purchase, and they very well may have...that Maruyama 5-year warranty was contingent upon buying their own 2-stroke oil at purchase...which I did.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

One of my dealers picked up Dolmar and tries to push them at half the price. Sometimes its just to good to be true...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i have been using maruyama for almost 20 years. its been execellent-as good as anybody else and better than some. the only issue is lack of dealers.if you have a dealer-go for it. the string trimmer and hedge trimmers are esp good