Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-31-2013, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Our business has multiple accounts, the bank help set it up. Basically one main account then some dummy accounts that have no balance, we wright a check from a zero balance account then the bank verifies it somehow and cashes it. Same on deposits, it goes into a dummy account then transfers to the main account. Its layers of protection. Hope you get your money back
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Member

cash flow

Kelly,

I would have thought the money would have been put back into your account within 1 business day of the signing. What does their "investigation" have to do with the fact THEY released your funds?

Aren't they supposed to safeguard your funds? Fraud must be getting bad, I will call your bank for you if you want.

Who couldn't use $1900 in the winter?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that! That sucks! Makes you want to find the ****** and smack them upside the head with a spade!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had something similar happen a few years ago, an employee at the time stole a couple checks and forged them. It took me almost a year to get the money back. He is now in jail as is the owner of the arab store that was cashing them for him. The police were already investigating the store ownerfor cashing fake/forged checks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe there is a way to pay guys via visa per paid cards? Idk. That's so shitty. Sorry man.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Had same thing happen a couple years back. Stole the checkbook out of the truck and used it to set up a paypal account. Then made a few transfers to themselves. A few hundred altogether. Stupid crooks didn't realize the paper trail it left. Even left their name on my bank statement. Called the bank and police. Wrote a statement to the bank and had my money back in 4 days. They caught the dumazzes with a whole bunch of personal info on people.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Took 2 weeks but we got the call today informing us we had our money returned to the new account. Now I do not know if the bank ate it or they went after the Walmart and the Getty that cashed the counterfeited checks in the first place. All that matters to me is I have another week of operating expenses covered when we start up again in early March.