Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've mowed for the last three years with a used scag belts blades and oil is all Ive done. Now that I'm getting more established I will look towards a new/newer machine but your mower won't do you any good of its getting towed away by a repo either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i wouldn't finance anything if i was that strapped for cash. i'm talking 1500 down on a 3200 dollar mower, 3 years 0% interest and i have 12k in the bank if something goes wrong. not exactly worried about REPO. I've taken advantage of those offers plenty in the past. sure i could go buy it outright, but I would rather do the 0% and hold onto my money and pay on it gradually. I still got my fingers crossed that they can get my exmark up and running and i can use it for a season or two and then go with something new at a later time like you are. bottom line is, i still have customers that need lawns cut...cutting season still right around the corner. my 21" honda from home depot is my only option if my exmark is dead, if i thought that the honda would make it on my bi-weekly lawns i would just use that.. but theres no way thats gonna work.. been there, done that. I couldn't cut 2 weeks of growth on my own lawn last year with that thing, if i got busy and missed a week on my lawn i was in for a chore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstifel View Post
I've mowed for the last three years with a used scag belts blades and oil is all Ive done. Now that I'm getting more established I will look towards a new/newer machine but your mower won't do you any good of its getting towed away by a repo either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstifel View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Generally speaking, people who are at risk for repo don't need to worry about 0% because they are not going to qualify anyway.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

when i'm to the point that my lawn mower with a payment of a whopping $50.00 a month is about to be repo'd i probally won't be caring to much about cutting anybody's lawn anyways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_speedreed View Post
Generally speaking, people who are at risk for repo don't need to worry about 0% because they are not going to qualify anyway.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
yeah, i know.. but the my odds may be better. but honestly, my luck is bad, i will probally end up with the new machine that breaks on the 2nd day of using it.
OK, but on the other side of this argument. Say you bought a used machine that lasted you 3 years and had very few minor problems. You'd be thinking this is the way to go in that sense. When one side goes wrong, its real easy to see how you should have gone the other direction. You know?

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. I have got my fingers crossed that these yahoo's that have got my mower can get it going again, and you better believe that if i get it back and this thing cuts and runs i'll be running it in the ground until it won't go anymore. but if thats not the case, i'm gonna have to get a mower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorum03 View Post
OK, but on the other side of this argument. Say you bought a used machine that lasted you 3 years and had very few minor problems. You'd be thinking this is the way to go in that sense. When one side goes wrong, its real easy to see how you should have gone the other direction. You know?

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
i wouldn't finance anything if i was that strapped for cash. i'm talking 1500 down on a 3200 dollar mower, 3 years 0% interest and i have 12k in the bank if something goes wrong. not exactly worried about REPO. I've taken advantage of those offers plenty in the past. sure i could go buy it outright, but I would rather do the 0% and hold onto my money and pay on it gradually. I still got my fingers crossed that they can get my exmark up and running and i can use it for a season or two and then go with something new at a later time like you are. bottom line is, i still have customers that need lawns cut...cutting season still right around the corner. my 21" honda from home depot is my only option if my exmark is dead, if i thought that the honda would make it on my bi-weekly lawns i would just use that.. but theres no way thats gonna work.. been there, done that. I couldn't cut 2 weeks of growth on my own lawn last year with that thing, if i got busy and missed a week on my lawn i was in for a chore.
I can agree with that did the same thing with a truck I bought except it was like 1% interest. But the op was in a different situation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

If decided to buy a decent mower get a credit card and pay my gas I use with it and build my credit up then at the end of the year keep my old mower as a back up finance a used one put a a grand or so back just invade I can't afford a payment and get a new truck with the other cash since I save since I need one.. Good idea?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I agree. I have got my fingers crossed that these yahoo's that have got my mower can get it going again, and you better believe that if i get it back and this thing cuts and runs i'll be running it in the ground until it won't go anymore. but if thats not the case, i'm gonna have to get a mower.
Yeah true, I hope it all works out for ya bud.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd want to have more than a grand saved. if you can get a gas card to help build credit that would be good. i'd just be sure you get that payment in before the grace period every month so you don't pay more money. You have enough cash for a new truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopQualityLawnCare View Post
If decided to buy a decent mower get a credit card and pay my gas I use with it and build my credit up then at the end of the year keep my old mower as a back up finance a used one put a a grand or so back just invade I can't afford a payment and get a new truck with the other cash since I save since I need one.. Good idea?
Posted via Mobile Device