Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMmmkay View Post
I do agree about the grass. I guess I meant when he created it was how he put it together and not that he painted each individual grass. Should I be worried if I use this in my logo?
Yes, you should probably be worried. If it's not actually a vector, it's highly doubtful it's print quality and it will not scale without severely degrading. Even if you don't scale it up, it doesn't appear to be print quality. With Illustrator, he should be able to easily create vector grass for you.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya, I'm messing around right now with Illustrator, trying to create some simple grass effects. I'll load the new one up when I can
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Ok, so I created these from the ground up in Illustrator. Love the vector format so much! Tried my best to find fonts that contrast each other, resulting in better look. The grass design is a design I bought from an artist, but the rest is designed by me. So, does it look better with bottom portion bold or non-bold? Thanks guys!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf updatedlawnlogo.pdf (465.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: pdf updatedlawnlogo1.pdf (465.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi, outwith the the production technicalities I feel that the area allotted to the grass is overpowering to the name "Wade", something a wee bit simplier would work a lot better and look more professional. I will watch this thread with interest.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, I agree with much of what has been said. It has an amateur look to it and is way out of balance design wise. If you imagine it with a pivot point in the center, it looks like it would fall off to the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee alfie View Post
. . . I feel that the area allotted to the grass is overpowering to the name "Wade", something a wee bit simplier would work a lot better and look more professional.
He is exactly right. The grass seems to come out of nowhere. I understand the connection with you being a lawn service but you want to be intentional with every element of your logo design. Never fall in love with an idea and require it to be part of the design if it does not add to the overall goal. In this case, the grass art completely overpowers the word "Wade" and needs to be reconsidered.

I normally overlook these threads but I've been laid out sick all week so I have some extra time on my hands. I'm attaching a scratch logo I put together for you just to give you an idea of other stuff that can be done.

I would encourage you to sit down with a blank piece of paper and just roughly draw about 15 different ways you could design your logo. Don't think too hard, just draw them out as they pop into your mind even if it seems stupid. Once you have finished that, look over the paper and start crossing out the ones you don't like until you only have one design left.

Once you are down to one design, take another sheet of paper and draw variations of that design until you find one that you love.

I know it seems like a lot of work but it really doesn't take that long and you will have a much better final product for putting in the effort.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Member

MCMmmkay, Good advice there from BeachysLawn and a fine example to get you thinking.

BeachysLawn, I hope you get well soon.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, wee, I think I am on the mend.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I guess im more into the simpler look of mine. Yours is fine beachy, but its just not my style I guess. I want something, clean and clear that can be seen from the road easily. I might diminish the height of the grass though. I think that will allow my name to stand out together. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

MCMmmkay, once you have ammended your logo let's have a look at it.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The logo I put up was a quick design that was not intended to be used, but to get your mind on a different path. As a former designer I simply wanted to help you on the road to creating one that is perfect for you. Its your company, your logo, so if you are happy how it is, more power to you.