Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lots can change in 20+ years. Maybe the improved Fescues can hold up now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Lots can change in 20+ years. Maybe the improved Fescues can hold up now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good point...I'm sure the fescue does well at coastal areas cause it never gets that hot...I bet the Bermuda is more inland where temps are warmer....all the fescue I saw either had lots of weeds or bare spots or both. It's like nobody wants to excel in the landscape biz out here lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Rained virtually all day today with more coming tomorrow and possibly Saturday. Reminding me of summer. Last couple of nice days coming up I think for the rest of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So how was the SD expedition? Grass still greener on the other side of the country?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
So how was the SD expedition? Grass still greener on the other side of the country?
Posted via Mobile Device
It was awesome. Weather was PERFECT. I mean PERFECT. I will def. be moving out there some day. The area is just beautiful. And the Beach Boys were right about those California girls.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to check in and see you enjoyed your trip Chris. Fescue huh? Well the good news is that if you ever did screw something up no need to resod , just throw down some seed and go on your way. I was wondering how the landscapes would look and the turf, if it would be all that you hoped. I have not visited a place were lawns are a prized as in Florida as a whole. From our Monostand St. Augustine to weed control - people here in general have high expectations for there grass unlike most parts of the country, which is good because it keeps all of us working.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Glad to check in and see you enjoyed your trip Chris. Fescue huh? Well the good news is that if you ever did screw something up no need to resod , just throw down some seed and go on your way. I was wondering how the landscapes would look and the turf, if it would be all that you hoped. I have not visited a place were lawns are a prized as in Florida as a whole. From our Monostand St. Augustine to weed control - people here in general have high expectations for there grass unlike most parts of the country, which is good because it keeps all of us working.
Thanks Mike, it was a great trip...very relaxing. Most landscapes out there are very little grass with a decent amount of plants...from the ones I saw. Keep in mind, San Diego is a big area and most of the homes I saw were coastal properties that just don't have big yards to begin with. There is one area called Rancho Santa Fe with large estates that are 2-5 acres with mucho landscaping. I also heard it's an old money wealthy area. I think there is a lot of opportunity out there as it seems there aren't many people doing it to begin with and a lot of white collar workers. I see 20 rigs every day in my area...I saw one or two professional rigs the whole time over there. There were a lot of crossover plants like Hawthorne, BOP, bougie, cape honeysuckle, etc. and they grow about 5 main palms(Queen, King, Phoenix, washy, euro fan). I did see 3 Foxtails at this one home which made me chuckle.....

I'm sure there is Bermuda and st aug but it is probably more inland where summer temps wouldn't sustain fescue.

I will def. be moving out there one day and starting another company. It is a truly beautiful area. Traffic wasn't bad at all in San Diego. Only thing to get used to is all the freeways....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What a humdrum week. Good weather. Everything all caught up. Kind of on a plateau right now. First week I haven't added a single account. That's ok, have a huge insert deal starting in April with a community paper deal that services 7 of the nicer developments. Didn't want to spend the money for new flyers or postcards so I am going to use some of the 30k of doorhangers I had made when I gave that a short go 2 years back. If it wasn't for you out of area guys saying hi I'd be all alone in here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You know what's funny...I saw another company called patriot plumbing or some kind of service here in Jupiter....patriot is all over the US!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, there's a lot of them, just like American or ABC. Mine is just a part of a larger umbrella corp. And no its not the same Umbrella as in the "building a better zombie" company.
Posted via Mobile Device