Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for a Mentor

Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a new mentor, and figured I could look here for some direction. A little about myself first, to make sure we are a good match. I hold a business degree, specializing in finance and a minor in economics. I entered the landscaping industry roughly 6 years ago as a way to generate income during school (read beer money) As time passed, I grew to love all aspects of the profession and after giving the corporate world a go, decided to open my own company.

What I'm really looking for is an established business owner with sales of 500k+ per year. (Yes, I'm begging and choosing right now as I feel like a mid size business owner would be able to help me the most) I would also like this individual to be as close to NH as possible, without doing any business in the state.

What I wont do: Send you measurements and ask how much this will cost.
What I will do: Send you a few finished bids, and ask you where you think I could improve.

I'm looking for someone I can bounce marketing/ sales ideas off of. I'm looking for someone who is willing to share their experience with a younger lad trying to make it on their own. Id really like someone who could be a long term business mentor.

I can offer you any assistance you may need in the financial field. (IE, is it worth it for me to buy new mowers this year) I know mentor-ship is a give and take game, and I'm willing to give as much as I can.

If this is something you feel you would be interested in please send me a personal message as I would love to speak with you.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Where are you from?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi KG26 ,

Sorry on the response time, this recent storm sure took its toll. I'm located in New Hampshire.