Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im just running solo, but do have some plans for 2013. Hopefully it will all work out. I purchased a used aerator for 550 bucks that needs some work. I hope to pick up enough aeration jobs in the spring to pay for itself and make me some profit. I also have to get my $ 200 dollar gravely 34" ztr going over the winter. Im hoping it will speed up a few of my yards so when spring rolls around, Ill be able to keep up and make more $$.

By next year I also hope to have an enclosed trailer to pull/store gear...and want to learn quickbooks to make tax season easier.
2012 21" Honda HRC-216 mower
2013 Exmark Commercial 30#1
2013 Exmark Commercial 30#2
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
Mclane 25" Reel Mower
2010 Husqvarna 21" mower
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2013 Stihl BR 600 Blower
2013 Stihl HS81 t Hedge Trimmer
2014 Stihl SH 86 C E Blower Vac
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts
200? Billy Goat AE550 Core Aerator
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my whole snow removal setup pays for itself several times per storm lol....my plow was 300, and my toro single stage 2 stroke snow blower was 100, with a new belt and some fresh black paint on the cover! I gross about 1400 every time we get a storm over 2" and up to 6" with 30 accounts they take on average 4 minutes to plow the driveway and shovel or snow blow any sidewalks. not a great profit, but definitely a solid start.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
my whole snow removal setup pays for itself several times per storm lol....my plow was 300, and my toro single stage 2 stroke snow blower was 100, with a new belt and some fresh black paint on the cover! I gross about 1400 every time we get a storm over 2" and up to 6" with 30 accounts they take on average 4 minutes to plow the driveway and shovel or snow blow any sidewalks. not a great profit, but definitely a solid start.

You said a house loan and a car loan are the two easiest loans to get...

well car loan is easy to get and they rarely ask for proof of income... rarely that is... but a home loan lol good luck with that... have to have a min of 3 years tax returns being self imployed... the'll want bank statements, tax returns you name it... and no more than 36% of your income can be in bills... man a home loan nowadays is like trying to get a virgin on the first date... just not gonna happen easily lol

My step father is heavy investor in the real estate market... and I hear about this stuff everyday... my credit is shot i went bankrupct at 20... thank god my lovely girlfriend has her sh*t together... she's 24 though and bought her first house ($71k) at 22. So even she knows its a pain to get a home loan, and if you dont get documents in on time you have to redo the whole process... its lengthy... her and i are currently bidding on a 4 family for rental property... well she is I'm just the guideness along with my step father... i dont have the credit history or credit score to get approved for it lol

once you see the restrictions to get a home loan now you'll almost be like forget this why even bother... i hope you do get the loan but just letting you know its a lot harder than you think
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You've got a girlfriend involved in your finances? your already screwed, you just don't know it yet LOL
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
probably won't happen anyways, I probably will have to finance it, I'm just worried I won't get approved for a mortgage. Even though I've heard an auto loan and mortgage are the two easiest loans to get approved for, I've tried to get neither before, I have good credit, just a short history only had credit for 6 years. and believe it or not that is the main thing hurting my credit.

that's alot of growth for a year, I would break that down into 2 years, sounds like you do have a lot of buying to do, I did most of this last year, a little bit this year, upgraded my 05 scag tiger cub i bought new at 16 for 2012 scag cheetah with a 61" deck and 34hp kohler and then bought the triple bagger system for 2800 out the door in the fall just in time to start charging for picking up leaves while i mow. looks like you may be younger, but I have pretty much everything I need, bought a 2005 big tex 16' landscape trailer last year, bought a newer giant vac leaf vac last year, bought a morbark chipper with a 12" chipping capacity last year, bought a stihl ms 440 magnum in like new condition last year, two stihl 200t top handles, an ms 201t new last year, a 9hp little wonder leaf blower. this year was i upgraded the mower, got the bagger for it, just picked up my 3rd back pack a new br600. next year before spring time i plan to pick up another br600, and the jrco tine rake, and that's about it, nothing else i really need for next year, maybe a new spool of string, and another case of two stroke oil, truck, and trailer got new tires in august or september, credit cards are just about paid off, student loans are paid off, and i picked up my plow last year for 300 fisher minute mount 1 8' heavy duty commercial, and it's been with the truck i bought for 16 years.
That is a lot of growth. I guess I didn't state what I wanted within a year with that whole franchise + 90 full service clients. Next year if I get the franchise and land 20 full service clients within a month or two of the season starting I'd be happy with my starting position gain a few more per month is what I'd like to see. On top of grossing $10,000/month in installs. As I had said though, 12 months from now I want to own a house. Hopefully I can make it happen.

I'm 21, as it states in my signature You are young also, correct? Or maybe I had mistaken you for someone else on here.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post

well car loan is easy to get and they rarely ask for proof of income... rarely that is... but a home loan lol good luck with that... have to have a min of 3 years tax returns being self imployed... the'll want bank statements, tax returns you name it...
It's not too bad if your company is a LLC or Inc. The real difficulty comes if you are a sole proprietor. Then you have to prove the viability of your income. I had 2 things going for me last year. I have a real web presence that has been established for years, and a Dun & Bradstreet listing. Dun & Bradstreet is a business credit rating agency.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post

well car loan is easy to get and they rarely ask for proof of income... rarely that is... but a home loan lol good luck with that... have to have a min of 3 years tax returns being self imployed... the'll want bank statements, tax returns you name it... and no more than 36% of your income can be in bills... man a home loan nowadays is like trying to get a virgin on the first date... just not gonna happen easily lol

My step father is heavy investor in the real estate market... and I hear about this stuff everyday... my credit is shot i went bankrupct at 20... thank god my lovely girlfriend has her sh*t together... she's 24 though and bought her first house ($71k) at 22. So even she knows its a pain to get a home loan, and if you dont get documents in on time you have to redo the whole process... its lengthy... her and i are currently bidding on a 4 family for rental property... well she is I'm just the guideness along with my step father... i dont have the credit history or credit score to get approved for it lol

once you see the restrictions to get a home loan now you'll almost be like forget this why even bother... i hope you do get the loan but just letting you know its a lot harder than you think
I'm gonna have 0 percent of my income go to bills before I buy a house, everything will be paid in full, I already have very little debt, my credit score is close to 720 i already have almost no bills, under 400 a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
That is a lot of growth. I guess I didn't state what I wanted within a year with that whole franchise + 90 full service clients. Next year if I get the franchise and land 20 full service clients within a month or two of the season starting I'd be happy with my starting position gain a few more per month is what I'd like to see. On top of grossing $10,000/month in installs. As I had said though, 12 months from now I want to own a house. Hopefully I can make it happen.

I'm 21, as it states in my signature You are young also, correct? Or maybe I had mistaken you for someone else on here.
that growth was over 2 years time though not all in the same year, It was still alot of growth I agree but i wasn't turning down work, I grossed about 600% more this year too which I would almost say is normal for a company that is still new to the market, usually i see business grow a lot in the first 4 years then it gets harder to grow, I could be wrong. and yes I am pretty young just turned 24 back in august. but i have been doing this since i was 14 part time until april of 2011. so really i have only been in it for a year an a half full time and advertising, I did a season full time no advertising, I was able to make enough to pay my bills and have fun but it was tight, then the next year i registered and advertised and it was easy, and this year has been pretty easy as far as making money goes, next year should be even better!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
You've got a girlfriend involved in your finances? your already screwed, you just don't know it yet LOL
hahaha... she's actually my soon to be fiance... should be picking up the ring in the next week or two... so i guess ill be further in the loony bin but oh well you only live once right?

her and I are a team- I have a 3 year old so i dont do the whole game play stuff, shes great lol
Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 AM
LawnSite Member

For 2013 I'm focusing on making my route tighter , bringing on more accounts as well as signing on more accounts I'd like go get the better grades of lawns minimal hills flat nice sun shade mix.