Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We were fine, we watch that stuff very closely. One project manager is in charge and they make the call from day to day on how many people they can be most effective with on the jobsite. We don't do this very often, its usually in die hard season or when we have to finish something up at the end of the year.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 02-10-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

in the last set of pictures you uploaded, are you doing all of the carpentry as well. Pretty damn impressive i must say. I have been really taking your advice from day to day operations, all the way to planning for the future and taking myself slowly out of the field to hire people to do the work i don't need to be doing. Your an inspiration to everyone on here and your work is nothing but the best. I would love to have the opportunity to meet you and pick your brain about some company restructuring ideas i have for my company.

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

in less than two months we will drop the curtain on what will be a completely new outdoor kitchen line. This has been in the works for over two years with research and development.

For years outdoor kitchen exteriors had the options of stone and stucco. This is all about to change. This will be exclusive to us in the northeast. More details to come.....

Lead, follow, or get out of the way........
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 02-14-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
in less than two months we will drop the curtain on what will be a completely new outdoor kitchen line. This has been in the works for over two years with research and development.

For years outdoor kitchen exteriors had the options of stone and stucco. This is all about to change. This will be exclusive to us in the northeast. More details to come.....

Lead, follow, or get out of the way........
I happy for you!! I love this inspiration you bring to the site. Keep rockin it Jared!
lawnsite is should be about lawncare shouldn't it???

it's not just this picture thread it's alot of them.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

People actually want to look at pictures of mowers and stripes? You learn something new every day.

As for ETWMAN, i need to come out one day. I know your busy but a lawnsite meet up would be awesome. This kitchen line has my interest if its like anything else you guys do. Looking forward to it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread was created almost 12 years ago, was one of the first threads in the photos section, and is the most viewed thread on the entire site. At the time this started there wasn't even a hardscape section and I had no idea this thread would go this long, or even that our company would be where it is today. The moderators have chosen to leave it where it is, I'm guessing because everyone knows where to find it. Should it go somewhere else? Maybe, maybe not.

Nevertheless, the business direction has changed over the years and the company has grown substantially. Others, beyond what I have posted, have been able to contribute alot to the industry. Last I checked no one was holding guns (though that may change with congress) to anyone's head to read this thread. You can easily search out whatever you want on this site and find useful information in between some of the junk threads.

Take it or leave it, its as simple as that.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
This thread was created almost 12 years ago, was one of the first threads in the photos section, and is the most viewed thread on the entire site. At the time this started there wasn't even a hardscape section and I had no idea this thread would go this long, or even that our company would be where it is today. The moderators have chosen to leave it where it is, I'm guessing because everyone knows where to find it. Should it go somewhere else? Maybe, maybe not.

Nevertheless, the business direction has changed over the years and the company has grown substantially. Others, beyond what I have posted, have been able to contribute alot to the industry. Last I checked no one was holding guns (though that may change with congress) to anyone's head to read this thread. You can easily search out whatever you want on this site and find useful information in between some of the junk threads.

This guy is so professional and intelligent its amazing. Your a great mentor.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Very well stated, I personally think this is the best thread in the picture section because it shows what hard work and determination can do and how proper marketing and a quality service can cause a few man show to grow to such a successful businesses and it is truly inspiring. I also believe that it has every right to be in the picture section, the forum is about landscaping and lawn care its not only about cutting grass and taking care of lawns its also about making a yard or property into a beautiful place that people enjoy spending time in weather that is through hardscaping, lawn maintenance, or construction. Most of the landscaping companies at lest around me don't just cut grass they do everything and I really think that hardscaping and so on it part of the lawn care businesses. Now don't get me wrong there are those companies that just do one or the other but on a whole most landscaping companies do both. But that is enough of that, like i said this is an amazing thread and I have really learned alot from it and have been inspired by theirs success.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Latest project looks incredible! Those will be some happy homeowners. Need to get on the reading thing more...

Great post on the accounting. Have run a tight ship so far, but meeting with a new accountant on Monday to really streamline the process. Looking forward to it.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 02-16-2013, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kudos on the EPIC THREAD!!! Started in 2002? WOW! Phenomenal dedication and smart business sense and savvy coupled with A+ work and the ability to find your niche and grow it is impressive.