Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Husqvarna articulating mower

Does anyone have any experience with the articluating mowers? I like the feature that allows the deck to flip up for cleaning or changing blades.

Thanks
Bob
Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this at a mower dealer , it was interesting but i believe this machine thats made by husqvarna is a residential model , and im not for shure how it would handle commercial mowing. I know people that have stieners and ventracs though , kinda same concept just more commercial and they love them i think its mainly cause they can mow real steep hills while the rest of us poor souls are using a walk behind , but again best way to find out if you like it is demo the machine if possible.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty sure these are only made with mulching decks..... they dont work good when the grass gets tall or wet
Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Member

i have had one for 8+ years now...mowed twice a week with it until last year thick st agustine...switched to bermuda (now have a locke)...still use it in winter when i let bermuda get long...has plenty of deck adjustments but does not cut overly high...i adjusted mine down below factory to cut to about 1/2 inch...dont hit rocks or roots and no problems shear pins on blades...its a finish mower not a bush hog or lot clearer...leaves no noticable clipings from deck...pros are narrow overall size for large deck size deck size (should fit through most gates)..deck is out front, heavy wheels dont push grass down before it is cut, deck is floating and has great cut, easy to manuever...cons are the back end swings out on sharp turns in corners for example in a 90 of a fenced yard, hard to find blades...i cant get them locally i always have to order them online and wait a few days...with new shear pins and washers i think the 3 blade set runs about $130....still using original belts, only throttle cable has been replaced along with oil and blades on this mower

Last edited by tdr6874; 02-10-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

this is the one you are talking about...yes?

Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the comments. This is for residential use, once a week. I always use the mulch plate. Now I just have to find a dealer who has one.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Member

if you cant find one, get a walker...i had to have mine shipped from over 1500 miles away to get mine...negotiated free shipping and it was tax free out of state....if i had to do it again i would have spent $300 more and got a walker..still no dealers for that mower here either, but its not a one in a million mower like the husky would be...i also like the option of the rear collection bins on the walkers