Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Being we only use bagged mulch. Extra is fine. I had a brain fart when i posted this thread. Im pretty dead on with my mulch numbers now.
Posted via Mobile Device
no bulk suppliers there?...much better deal with a yd of bulk mulch. Be careful with that cypress stuff, but you are from LA. so you are probabaly aware of this already
Old 02-11-2013, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
no bulk suppliers there?...much better deal with a yd of bulk mulch. Be careful with that cypress stuff, but you are from LA. so you are probabaly aware of this already
What's the problem with Cypress? The only problem I've ever encountered was a load with stinkhorn fungus.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Why is your pickup sitting on the lawn in the fourth picture? That's not the first time I've seen that on one of your posts, maybe its common to do that where you're at. Here, there are very very few valid excuses for driving on someones lawn, whether residential or commercial.

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
Why is your pickup sitting on the lawn in the fourth picture? That's not the first time I've seen that on one of your posts, maybe its common to do that where you're at. Here, there are very very few valid excuses for driving on someones lawn, whether residential or commercial.
Thts the front servitude of the property next to the street. Its where the delivery trucks pull up when the parking lot is full.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, how do you do your bed maintenance? Do you pull all the weeds by hand or use a cultivator, or what?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
What's the problem with Cypress? The only problem I've ever encountered was a load with stinkhorn fungus.
here in ohio most cypress comes in from the south and we are getting more emerald boring ash problems among other pests and mostly associated with the cypress mulches
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

as far as fungus....you will get that depending on how mulch is processed or left sitting for long. Which most bagged mulch usually sits for long periods
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Why would anyone spend their money and time to become licensed just to give away free info to help the competition do a good job. Lol The fertilizer calculations, mulch calculations, soil calculations, soil chart, UTFC, etc. are all in the licensing manual from the LDAF Horticulture Commission. If your serious about being a "Quality" landscaper then you might want to get yourself one. If not, then keep eye balling everything so I can be the best out there.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticLandCrafters,LLC View Post
Why would anyone spend their money and time to become licensed just to give away free info to help the competition do a good job. Lol The fertilizer calculations, mulch calculations, soil calculations, soil chart, UTFC, etc. are all in the licensing manual from the LDAF Horticulture Commission. If your serious about being a "Quality" landscaper then you might want to get yourself one. If not, then keep eye balling everything so I can be the best out there.
calculations dont get the job done....installing it tells if you're the best or not. Besides calculations dont hold true in all situations, there are times when calculations are just math but the land needs more. Understand contour and you know what i mean
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
It's like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant, marking his turf, just kidding.