Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
OUTLANDER OUTLANDER is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canton,Ohio
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Being we only use bagged mulch. Extra is fine. I had a brain fart when i posted this thread. Im pretty dead on with my mulch numbers now.
Posted via Mobile Device
no bulk suppliers there?...much better deal with a yd of bulk mulch. Be careful with that cypress stuff, but you are from LA. so you are probabaly aware of this already
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:13 PM
New2TheGreenIndustry New2TheGreenIndustry is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
no bulk suppliers there?...much better deal with a yd of bulk mulch. Be careful with that cypress stuff, but you are from LA. so you are probabaly aware of this already
What's the problem with Cypress? The only problem I've ever encountered was a load with stinkhorn fungus.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
KS_Grasscutter's Avatar
KS_Grasscutter KS_Grasscutter is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas
Posts: 3,112
Why is your pickup sitting on the lawn in the fourth picture? That's not the first time I've seen that on one of your posts, maybe its common to do that where you're at. Here, there are very very few valid excuses for driving on someones lawn, whether residential or commercial.
__________________
Hutchinson, Kansas
Kansas Certified 3b Applicator
Mowers-Trucks-Trailers-Snow Equipment-Application Equipment-Etc

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
Why is your pickup sitting on the lawn in the fourth picture? That's not the first time I've seen that on one of your posts, maybe its common to do that where you're at. Here, there are very very few valid excuses for driving on someones lawn, whether residential or commercial.
Thts the front servitude of the property next to the street. Its where the delivery trucks pull up when the parking lot is full.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,136
Hey guys, how do you do your bed maintenance? Do you pull all the weeds by hand or use a cultivator, or what?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM
OUTLANDER OUTLANDER is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canton,Ohio
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
What's the problem with Cypress? The only problem I've ever encountered was a load with stinkhorn fungus.
here in ohio most cypress comes in from the south and we are getting more emerald boring ash problems among other pests and mostly associated with the cypress mulches
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM
OUTLANDER OUTLANDER is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canton,Ohio
Posts: 576
as far as fungus....you will get that depending on how mulch is processed or left sitting for long. Which most bagged mulch usually sits for long periods
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 AM
ArtisticLandCrafters,LLC ArtisticLandCrafters,LLC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Metairie, La
Posts: 3
Why would anyone spend their money and time to become licensed just to give away free info to help the competition do a good job. Lol The fertilizer calculations, mulch calculations, soil calculations, soil chart, UTFC, etc. are all in the licensing manual from the LDAF Horticulture Commission. If your serious about being a "Quality" landscaper then you might want to get yourself one. If not, then keep eye balling everything so I can be the best out there.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM
OUTLANDER OUTLANDER is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canton,Ohio
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticLandCrafters,LLC View Post
Why would anyone spend their money and time to become licensed just to give away free info to help the competition do a good job. Lol The fertilizer calculations, mulch calculations, soil calculations, soil chart, UTFC, etc. are all in the licensing manual from the LDAF Horticulture Commission. If your serious about being a "Quality" landscaper then you might want to get yourself one. If not, then keep eye balling everything so I can be the best out there.
calculations dont get the job done....installing it tells if you're the best or not. Besides calculations dont hold true in all situations, there are times when calculations are just math but the land needs more. Understand contour and you know what i mean
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 AM
chesterlawn's Avatar
chesterlawn chesterlawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: s.e. pa.
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
Why is your pickup sitting on the lawn in the fourth picture? That's not the first time I've seen that on one of your posts, maybe its common to do that where you're at. Here, there are very very few valid excuses for driving on someones lawn, whether residential or commercial.
It's like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant, marking his turf, just kidding.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.08208 seconds with 9 queries