Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Snapshot

Help me out in snapshot guys. Our growing season for grass is march - October. I'm thinking I can get away with 2 over the top applications in order to sell bed pre. For mowing customers we would always spot spray beds while there.

From a standpoint of pricing the apps I'm wondering what the industry looks like. I was leaning towards $50 min or 2 times per 1000 cost of product. At 3.5 lbs per 1000 my cost are $11.24.

I would think most people in my area don't have over 2-3k of total bed but most might have 1000 or less sq ft
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Covering your overhead, then making a profit should put you over $75 for the first 1000 sq ft. I do not know how much your overhead is, but $75 comfortable for me. I also like to rotate my preemergents when more than one application is being done within the growing season. Certain weeds are not affected by Snapshot. I like to use it in rotation with Ronstar if the plant material is tolerant. Freehand G is also good in the rotation. I mention these three product because you are probably spreading granules. All of my applications are with the concentrate equivalents applied as a directed spray under and around the plants when the growth habit permits or over the top if the plant is tolerant. Ronstar is a good defoliant if the plant is not tolerant or if it is not washed off of leaves immediately following application.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738