Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Member

im trying to get myself a blower as we speak and a trimmer so i can get it going but i really havent been paying attention this winter has been really weird lately i hope it does so i can start
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Member

what would the best way to do a spring clean up leaves sticks any debry and thats it or would there be more to add to that and would it be bette to charge by the hour or whats the easiest way
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Picking up sticks is easiest with a tarp and plastic fork... leaves I blow into piles along the road way or onto tarps if too far away... you might want to estimate how long it will take you to do an area and give a ballpark price, until you've had more experience... $150.00 for the job sounds better than $30-$50/hr... (I offered a friend $20/hr to renovate the lawn for her and she changed the subject right away... if I said $80 to do it , she may have said yes... and it was probably a 3 hr job...)

If Milwaukee has curbside pickup in your targetted neighborhoods, that would be very simple... so much time and expense getting leaves onto the truck and hauled away...
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

alright that makes some sense so basically if im getting this right have an hourly rate but not tell them and lets say its 50 if it i think it takes two hours tell them a hundred and if it takes me 3 hours tell them 150 im i kinda on the same track