Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Scag V-Ride fleet quotes

What kind of quotes are you guys getting the V-Ride with fleet pricing?

I call 3 dealers not one of them knew that I was talking about and said they would have to call me back. Only one has called me back and said 7,500 with fleet. When I first called him and asked the price before I asked about the fleet deal he said 7,999.

The other two have not called back and im not expecting any better info from them since one of them said he did not think they still made the 52" V-Ride.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Well the second dealer called back the one who said they don't make the 52" any more. I was on the on the phone so he left a message saying they do make the 52" but it is only available with a 19hp and that I should call him back soon because they might sellout.

So that is two dealers that know nothing about the product they sell and don't have any business selling mowers.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I paid 7400 plus tax last year for a 2012 52" v ride in may. I think the msrp of a 52" is $8750 and fleet pricing is 20 % off. Its sad that your dealers in Wisconsin aren't knowledgeable about the products that they sell considering they are made in Mayville WI.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

48" vride $6850 out the door.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Im going to buy one tommorrow, and Im also getting different prices, at first I was told $7000 out the door for a 48, then another dealer tells me 6300 out the door, now the first dealer is telling me 6600 out the door and that is who Im going with because they are giving me 2700 as trade in for my 36 inch belt.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats crazy that I live just few hours from where they make scags and im getting prices almost 1,000$ more.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

$6400 for the 48 and 6800 for the 52". Been trying tiger my dealers rep to call us back for 3 weeks for a 52". That is what I'm hoping to get.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

the best qoute I got on the 52" was a demo model he had that he said never cut grass but had rust on it from sitting outside all year for 7,200+tax and for a new one 7,500+tax. Why would you leave a brand new mower outside all year to rust. Im now gonna look at Gravely now. I wanna buy a mower that is made in Wisconsin and would like to go scag but I can't get myself to work with the scag dealers.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan's Lawn Care View Post
the best qoute I got on the 52" was a demo model he had that he said never cut grass but had rust on it from sitting outside all year for 7,200+tax and for a new one 7,500+tax. Why would you leave a brand new mower outside all year to rust. Im now gonna look at Gravely now. I wanna buy a mower that is made in Wisconsin and would like to go scag but I can't get myself to work with the scag dealers.
Go to scags website and email them. Ask for a rep to contact you as you can't find a dealer your comfortable with. They'll get you hooked up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

If they are anything like my dealer that paper work is sitting on their desk unopened. My dealer who also sells scags seldom knows what I am talking about when I speak of a program for an upcoming year. It takes him some time to realize its time to learn his new product line. Why I do find it frustrating his knowledge of equipment and how to repair it is amazing. Iv called him before dead in the water and rather than driving there he would take 5 mins to walk me through an engine fix and keep me out in the field making money despite the fact he couldn't/wouldn't charge for the call. So I over look his lack of knowledge of fleet rates and promo interest rates Ill take an elite mechanic any day for a dealer.