Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnpropm View Post
Someone one here recommended. 1and1.com
That's who we used. There are some things I don't like but overall they are pretty good.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
That's who we used. There are some things I don't like but overall they are pretty good.
What are some things you didn't like? How long did it take you to design everything yourself. Id say it looks pretty flexible layout wise. Yours looks custom.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's not quite as flexible as it seems there are only certain places you can put certain things, and you don't have the option to change or increase fonts and font sizes, you have to use what they provide which isn't much in my opinion. It took us about four days to get what we have now it's still a work in progress, overall I like it, it's way better than the one we had with vista print.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I've finaly got mine up and going, I know the pics aren't all mine some are but most aren't but when everything greens up they all will be mine.

www.cpllandscaping.com
Get you phone number up higher and bigger so people on a mobile phone do not have to hunt for it. Ideally this would be up where you have your company name.

Not sure if I like the transparent body or not. It is kind of distracting to me.

Not sure why - cdn.initial-website.com/s/img/cc/icons/blank.gif this on your site or why it would be your OG Image. I smell a rat.

Not sure I agree with the gray links on that background.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
Get you phone number up higher and bigger so people on a mobile phone do not have to hunt for it. Ideally this would be up where you have your company name.

Not sure if I like the transparent body or not. It is kind of distracting to me.

Not sure why - cdn.initial-website.com/s/img/cc/icons/blank.gif this on your site or why it would be your OG Image. I smell a rat.

Not sure I agree with the gray links on that background.
Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated, Which image are you referring to? I'm not seeing what your referring to. What color links would you suggest?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated, Which image are you referring to? I'm not seeing what your referring to. What color links would you suggest?
You can look up a color scheme

http://www.colorblender.com/

move the G bar until the green looks close to yours and pick a darker color.

The image seems to be hidden hence the rate. Plus it links to an external site and not yours.

The OG image should be 200 by 200 and hosted on your site. Perhaps your logo or an image associated with the content. It can differ on each page.

OG is open graph and it works with facebook when people like your page and stuff. It is one form of microdata to tell various engines about your page. Google ignores OG and Facebook ignore all others.

I just ran your site through the two tools.
http://developers.facebook.com/tools...scaping.com%2F

Look under raw data and you will see this image listed. This will not help you and invisible images often are malicious.

If I directly access the image it should show me what it is, even then I see nothing. Hence the reason I did not post the full URL to it.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at the FB developer too. In the raw data, you see nothing next to the image but it is a live link.

Also, you might extend your or modify your description.

og:description: CPL Landscaping, Greenville

Definately include the state and zip code
Old 02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The pros and cons of the aforementioned DIY site builders have been discussed quite a bit in the web subforum.

When it comes to a site builder (1&1, Wix, Homestead, GoDaddy, squarespace, etc), please keep in mind that, quite often, "beauty is only skin deep". While it may be easy to build a site with them, and it might look great, more often than not the underlying code is an absolute train wreck, so do your due diligence and choose wisely. If you go that route, you'll have a better feeling for what you need to do to compensate for the shortcomings.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My site was made through 1&1 as well.

www.mytnlawn.com

Been a work in progress
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Even with the more complicated CMS programs there are limitations for the non-design / programmer type. I think the optimization qualities are much better.

There is a lot of overhead in the program I use but when compressed it loads fast. The 20 seconds mentioned above is way too slow.