Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

getting worried about my advertising tactics....

Ive added on fert and pre to my pressure washing business. i got 2000 5x8 nice post cards from vista print. im going door to door( not knocking) and putting their quote on the bottom right hand corner where it says "quote per visit" i have a good ammount of info and it looks great. it does say pre-emergent time is now! the last 2 days ive passed out 700. i picked 6,000-12,000 sq ft yards and nice homes. maybe im impatient but i havent gotten one call and im kinda wondering. all im looking for is one percent. so im hoping out of what i got out now i get 7 customers. is this not the right time to advertise? it is pre time and very important but are people just not thinking about it now. should i have waited until may? pressure washing is a 8 yr old business and customers come fairly easy to me. if you experienced guys dont mind give me your 2 cents. im keeping my fingers crossed. i know its only been 2 days... cmon phone
Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i got out about 1000 mailers and door hangers, gonna get out there friday to try some more. but the only response i have had is 1 call for an aeration for somebody doing a spring seeding and that is it. I have picked up only mowing accounts, and clean-up stuff the past month, all from google. I advertise as mostly a turf care company, but can't get the lawn app customers.. so, i feel ya! i think being a new company on the block people are leary to give me a chance though.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Are you a licensed applicator? So your a pressurewashing company advertising lawn apps now?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

krayzkajun, thanks for your concern it mean alot to me!!! my license number is 01164 in state of georgia if you wanna check to make sure. do you need my expiration date as well? i can provide if needed.

and no, im not a pw company advertising lawn apps now, i have a business in pressure washing and lawn apps. would you like my info for that as well? thanks for your response bud..... private message me for my SSN if u need that also! thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how's your credit?? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
krayzkajun, thanks for your concern it mean alot to me!!! my license number is 01164 in state of georgia if you wanna check to make sure. do you need my expiration date as well? i can provide if needed.

and no, im not a pw company advertising lawn apps now, i have a business in pressure washing and lawn apps. would you like my info for that as well? thanks for your response bud..... private message me for my SSN if u need that also! thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
how's your credit?? LOL.
hahahahah left that info out for him didnt i? its up there high 700's.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

One thing I noticed with door hangers it takes some time for the calls to come in. At least around here everybody has an attached garage and most all park in the garage and enter and exit the house through the garage so it could take days before the hanger / flyer is noticed on the front door.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
One thing I noticed with door hangers it takes some time for the calls to come in. At least around here everybody has an attached garage and most all park in the garage and enter and exit the house through the garage so it could take days before the hanger / flyer is noticed on the front door.
well thats true. good point greg.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

to be honest, it is going to be tough getting people to buy into your lawn app business since you do PW. Many good dedicated fert companies in the Atl area that can price lower than you as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post

Just to clarify, you "have a business in pressure washing and lawn apps" or "have a business in pressure washing and a business in lawn apps"? You actually say it both ways.