Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Jobber's Avatar
Jobber Jobber is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Jeff - I just wanted to say that I think you're doing a great job of promoting your product here. It seems like you're being honest about what your product will and won't do and where it fits in. That's refreshing...some reps make it seem like their product is the only way to go and that it will do everything for you including doing your laundry. I run a small operation and scheduling the number of customers I have isn't much of a challenge, so I'm not likely to become a customer any time soon, but if I were looking for something to complement QB I'd give your software a good hard look.

Darryl,

Thank-you very much for the kind words. I have to give credit where it is due as the co-founders of Jobber have done a tremendous um... job of establishing a friendly and helpful voice since day 1. There is no sense trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

Our philosophy is to make the best product we can and make it easy to test drive to see if it fits your needs. Most businesses will get to the stage where we can save them enough time and money to make it worth the $29 investment pretty quickly.

So I think now would be a good time to tell you that we do a lot more than just scheduling. Especially now that we've added expense management to our already great invoicing & billing, payment tracking and reporting... and Jobber also gets your whites sparkling clean!

Cheers,

Jeff
__________________
Jobber - Business Management Software in the Cloud for Field Service Companies (like Landscapers!)

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,994
Yeah, but I hear your leaf mulching capabilities are less than stellar.

I have a pretty simple system set up with QB and a day planner. It works well for me at this point. My invoicing is done monthly from my office.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Jobber's Avatar
Jobber Jobber is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Yeah, but I hear your leaf mulching capabilities are less than stellar.

I have a pretty simple system set up with QB and a day planner. It works well for me at this point. My invoicing is done monthly from my office.
OK, I don't want to push to hard and completely contradict your wonderful feedback. However, we have saved some pretty small companies big $ when it comes to bookkeeping and admin time/fees since Jobber automates the billing when you mark the job complete. Then you just sync it with Quickbooks at the end of the month if you use that for taxes etc.

OK, no more plugs. Besides, I have to work on the new beer dispensing feature of Jobber.

Once again, thanks for the comment. Much appreciated.

Jeff
__________________
Jobber - Business Management Software in the Cloud for Field Service Companies (like Landscapers!)

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Sensation Man Sensation Man is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Teaneck, NJ
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grantham View Post
QB Pro is good. Along with spreadsheets like Excel. Excel is pretty powerful if you know how to use it. There are plenty of excel templates out there that give you a headstart.

Rick
If you are into Excel spreadsheets it's important to know that Quickbooks lets u export most forms like reports for example into Excel.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:51 PM
TMlawncare TMlawncare is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: nw missouri
Posts: 1,169
We have been using quickbooks pro and qxpress platinum for the last 4-5 years. The qxpress program is really pretty good. It's syncs well with quick books and it is very easy to use. It is not perfect by no means. It does not do snow removal very well, but you can do it. They don't update it like the use to, but they got it were it is pretty glitch free, however. They mobile functions are lacking. They mapping has never worked really well because it always gets hung up on certain addresses.
__________________
TMlawncare
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 PM
KG26 KG26 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Birmingham MI
Posts: 130
like Microsoft out look I wish I had a tablet with all these apps to update in the truck maybe I'll invest in one. Maybe investing in a truck first is a better idea.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Jobber's Avatar
Jobber Jobber is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post
We have been using quickbooks pro and qxpress platinum for the last 4-5 years. The qxpress program is really pretty good. It's syncs well with quick books and it is very easy to use. It is not perfect by no means. It does not do snow removal very well, but you can do it. They don't update it like the use to, but they got it were it is pretty glitch free, however. They mobile functions are lacking. They mapping has never worked really well because it always gets hung up on certain addresses.
Hey TMI,

If I may, I just wanted to suggest giving the 30 day free trial a shot if you would like. It doesn't sound like you are all that happy with the solution you have now. Maybe just a case of sticking with what you know...

We see that a lot but I'm sure it would be worth your time to spend an hour investigating another option if it could save you tons of time and headaches down the road. We can eventually import your client list easily if you like what you see and the guiding principal of Jobber is to make it simple and painless to learn for the user. We are really proud of that.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there since we are pretty good at some of the things you mentioned that are lacking currently (snow removal, have constant updates, amazing mapping, and fully mobile).

Thanks for your ear! As always, just reach out if you have any questions.
Thanks,

Jeff
__________________
Jobber - Business Management Software in the Cloud for Field Service Companies (like Landscapers!)

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Sensation Man Sensation Man is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Teaneck, NJ
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Hey TMI,

If I may, I just wanted to suggest giving the 30 day free trial a shot if you would like. It doesn't sound like you are all that happy with the solution you have now. Maybe just a case of sticking with what you know...

We see that a lot but I'm sure it would be worth your time to spend an hour investigating another option if it could save you tons of time and headaches down the road. We can eventually import your client list easily if you like what you see and the guiding principal of Jobber is to make it simple and painless to learn for the user. We are really proud of that.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there since we are pretty good at some of the things you mentioned that are lacking currently (snow removal, have constant updates, amazing mapping, and fully mobile).

Thanks for your ear! As always, just reach out if you have any questions.
Thanks,

Jeff
Hey Jeff. I signed up for the 30 day free trial about 2 weeks ago but never received the email with the link to activate my account. Can u help me out here please. I'm really looking forward to using Jobber & I want to become fully intigraded with the program by the time we start up the landscape season. Please help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Jobber's Avatar
Jobber Jobber is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensation Man View Post
Hey Jeff. I signed up for the 30 day free trial about 2 weeks ago but never received the email with the link to activate my account. Can u help me out here please. I'm really looking forward to using Jobber & I want to become fully intigraded with the program by the time we start up the landscape season. Please help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Sensation Man,

We don't require an authentication to start using your account. You can start playing around with it right away. However, we do send a welcome email with your account name and some handy tips and tricks. There is also a link in case you forget your password, how to get support... that kind of stuff.

Make sure to check your junkmail in your inbox. Jobber relies heavily on communicating with you and your team via e-mail. Be sure to add this e-mail to your white list, and mark is as "not spam" if it landed in your junk box.

Considering that we have already burned a few weeks of your trial. I would be glad to extend it if you feel you need more time to make a decision. Just send me a PM when that time comes and I can do so.

Happy Jobbing!

Regards,
Jeff
__________________
Jobber - Business Management Software in the Cloud for Field Service Companies (like Landscapers!)

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 PM
pieperlc pieperlc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 464
Jeff,
Can you check out the thread below? Maybe you can provide some insight on my and a few others questions?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=390883
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
billing , invoicing , scheduling , software

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.07320 seconds with 9 queries