Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM
StanWilhite StanWilhite is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Decatur AL
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's why I use 80:1 Stan. Less clinching of the cheeks ya know?
I may have to start at about 80:1 and work my way to 100:1 slowly. The days of mixing 16:1 are still fresh in my mind, so going from there to 100:1 (all at once) is quite a leap!
__________________
Shut 'er down Buford....she's slangin' oil !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
I may have to start at about 80:1 and work my way to 100:1 slowly. The days of mixing 16:1 are still fresh in my mind, so going from there to 100:1 (all at once) is quite a leap!
My first chainsaw wasa Poulan that ran 16:1 mix. Then I got a Stihl that ran at 40:1, then everything since that is recommended for 50:1, so I have "evolved" over time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 AM
StanWilhite StanWilhite is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Decatur AL
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
Go here http://www.amsoil.com/locator/index.aspx find a locator dealer that will cut you a deal like I did .The dealer I called sold me at $8.50 p/quart and even delivery it to me at a job I was working at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
Call my dealer ASHLEY JAMES (205) 915-7413 he said he will ship it at a good deal .My price was $8.75 he said add a little for shipping still best deal you can get and he is a super nice guy.
Thanks for the info guys!
__________________
Shut 'er down Buford....she's slangin' oil !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 AM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
My first chainsaw wasa Poulan that ran 16:1 mix. Then I got a Stihl that ran at 40:1, then everything since that is recommended for 50:1, so I have "evolved" over time.
My Dad was a very big logger 3 tractor trailer,2 john deere 540a skidders ,john deere dozer ,knuckle boom loader, lowboy, lot of chainsaws we use 16:1 mix I remember putting 1 qt. to 4 gal. gas
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
My Dad was a very big logger 3 tractor trailer,2 john deere 540a skidders ,john deere dozer ,knuckle boom loader, lowboy, lot of chainsaws we use 16:1 mix I remember putting 1 qt. to 4 gal. gas
There was no getting around smelling like oil smoke at the end of the day back then.


It kept the bugs at bay though
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Greg78's Avatar
Greg78 Greg78 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southwest, FL
Posts: 1,926
You guys that want Amsoil need to get set up with a commercial account. I'm paying $7.89 a quart for Saber Professional by the case.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
StanWilhite StanWilhite is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Decatur AL
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
My first chainsaw wasa Poulan that ran 16:1 mix. Then I got a Stihl that ran at 40:1, then everything since that is recommended for 50:1, so I have "evolved" over time.
I basically did the same...don't know why I wrote "all at once". (brain fart).
__________________
Shut 'er down Buford....she's slangin' oil !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM
44DCNF 44DCNF is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,396
Do you who are hesitant to trust 100:1 oil technology also use 1/3-1/2 cup of laundry soap in the washer with the newer concentrated soaps that only require an ounce per load?

Think about it. It makes about the same amount of sense.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,251
Not that I need to explain myself to you, but since you apparently don't know quite as much as you seem to think you do....

I do it because I run the same mix in ALL my handheld tools, and chainsaws need the added lubrication to keep from burning a cylinder since they run at so much higher RPM's and produce much more heat than other handhelds. It may not hurt to run your saw every now and then on 100:1, but it isn't good for them if you run them a lot like some of us do. Just go ask a pro in one of the tree care forums what a cylinder looks like after running a saw on 100:1 for a while.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 AM
StanWilhite StanWilhite is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Decatur AL
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44DCNF View Post
Do you who are hesitant to trust 100:1 oil technology also use 1/3-1/2 cup of laundry soap in the washer with the newer concentrated soaps that only require an ounce per load?

Think about it. It makes about the same amount of sense.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know anything about laundry mix ratios....my wife does that.
__________________
Shut 'er down Buford....she's slangin' oil !!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.08572 seconds with 9 queries