Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i wanted to use barricade for round #1 then dimension for the round 2 but i wanted to do something different since i used barricade in the fall. and also when i went to find liquid barricade all they had was the WDG.. do they make that in liquid form? i highly doubt my sprayer will handle anything but liquid herbicides. shurflo electric pump with jet agitation. I had to many problems trying to run that crap through similar pumps when i worked at orkin long time ago. I definetly have alot of work to do on my program, and plenty of time to figure it out. its not something i sell much of anyway.. looks like i'm getting more mowing customers than anything.
Granular pre works fine just is expensive for the smaller guys. No that backpack won't be the best for applying wdg bit might work. If you plan on staying in this business I suggest a tank. John Deere has great financing options. That's how I got started with a 200 gallon from them. Now we run 4 trucks. Just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a tank sprayer now, 50 gallon with electric shurflo pump. manual reel 200ft of hose. not to bad of a sprayer for what i paid for it and i only have a small am ount of customers. i am not about to run anything but liquid herbicides through it. so i'm having to dry app my fert. i'm only spraying at 1.5 gal per minute. i may get the 200 gallon skid from lesco if i pick up more customers in the future, really no need for it now though.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
i got a tank sprayer now, 50 gallon with electric shurflo pump. manual reel 200ft of hose. not to bad of a sprayer for what i paid for it and i only have a small am ount of customers. i am not about to run anything but liquid herbicides through it. so i'm having to dry app my fert. i'm only spraying at 1.5 gal per minute. i may get the 200 gallon skid from lesco if i pick up more customers in the future, really no need for it now though.
I've got a new 5gpm pump that I can almost give you, if you're interested. I had that same set up some years way back with a boom. Put the original pump back on it. Everything couples up the same. Anyway, PM me if interested.
Roy
Take a look at Gallery pre. I've had wonderful results with it.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ral,
You probably know this but Gallery is now off patent and can be purchased for less. I just bought some the other day for $140-Quali Pro brand.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

mabee i overlooked it but didn't see poa listed as a controlled weed on the gallery label? or crabgrass.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gallery is broad leaves only
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
i thought mabee it was the fact that these 2 yards are never watered unless it rains, that 2nd treatment in oct, we went a while without rain. i rememeber having to go out and water my lawn the next day or so after the treatment because it was the only way because there was no rain in the forcast for a while. and i know for a fact that the one rental didn't get the stonewall watered in, the other one.. (my moms lawn) she doesn't think she did, but doesn't remember. lol. she never pays attention to the special instructions i leave.

however, these 2 lawns haven't been on a program in a while, so i guess that could be it too.
From what you describe, these lawns are low maintenance. As everyone knows weed control is not just chemicals apps. It is as much about doing all the other things to grow a healthy stand of the desired grass to naturally out compete the weeds. You should tell this to the customer upfront and every chance you get. (Write it on the bills as needed) Some get it and some don't but you must say it to cover yourself.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

so with a split app of dimension, the label for "program 1" which is for residential lawns says recommended rate is 0.55 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. so if i do a split app, wouldn't I cut that in half and do 0.27 oz per 1,000 1st app then repeat that for the second app 6 to 8 weeks later? the JDL guy didn't know. I just wanted to check that the .27 oz per k is correct because thats my understanding of the split app from the label.

yeah, definetly lower maintenance, those notes usually go on the invoices in the summer when customers insist on mowing every 2 weeks, and won't water. both of these customers are pretty understanding about the weeds comming up though.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone?? kinda wondering on the dimension 2ew split rate.. i hear guys doing 2 full rate apps.. but i have gone by the label so far.. splitting the full rate over 2 apps. so, .27 oz per k for 2 apps split up about 8 weeks apart. sound right? some reason after talking to the guy at JDL i was unsure, because he was unsure.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
anyone?? kinda wondering on the dimension 2ew split rate.. i hear guys doing 2 full rate apps.. but i have gone by the label so far.. splitting the full rate over 2 apps. so, .27 oz per k for 2 apps split up about 8 weeks apart. sound right? some reason after talking to the guy at JDL i was unsure, because he was unsure.
I would say, depending on environmental issues. Your second application should go down in the 4 to 6 week time frame.
Posted via Mobile Device