Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You said in a previous post you used Landscape Management Network. What do you not like about that program? Or are you still going to be using that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrimacmill View Post
Like mentioned before, Jobber is not an all in one solution. It does lack in some major areas, but I have been messing with the trial and think I might just sign up for it. The reason is I truly believe they will fix these issues, and give us what we need. I like the young entrepreneurial nature that the company seems to have.

The jobcosting with simple start/stop button would simply be a life changer. I know SAP has this, but my understanding is it doesn't work correctly. Jobber does have time tracking functionality, but it is cumbersome to use. If it was someone in the office, sitting there in front of a computer, it would not be bad. But in the field, entering hour, minute, am/pm for an in and out at every stop is just not reasonable. It also eliminates the guys need to report the "real" times when in the field.

Jobber, if you can give us expense tracking (which I know is in the works), that ties into specifically a simple START/STOP button time tracking feature for jobcosting, your product will be a complete home run. I truly believe that the addition of these two components is the recipe to Jobber being the perfect solution for so many people, and its popularity would instantly skyrocket. But not having these areas just eliminates so many reasons to move to a software like that, it presents a HUGE gap in what we need.

I want to be able to search profitability by job, based on the actual time spent on site. Instantly identify by a percentage what accounts are profitable and are not profitable, as the season progresses. I want to be able to organize that list in several different ways, most profitable to least profitable, etc. Its pretty simple, I have already programed this into a database (its just cumbersome to use and requires double data entry), so I know you guys have the capability to program this into your software.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Can you elaborate on SAP job costing not working properly with the start and stop button? I'm about to sign up for SAP and the start and stop function is a big reason for me deciding to go with SAP
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been with SAP for 1 year and the mobiles have not been working. I haven't been able to go paperless within this year and that is now why I am shopping. I am looking seriously at Jobber and this Thread has been helpful. We are about to run a trial and see what we think. I am running 15 trucks and I can put a software to the max and will be back to post more on this after we shop what we are going to do. SAP is trying to make the fixes for us, but earlier this year they dropped the ball big time with security of my business by allow access of every crew leader to see every price of every service. Everything they could get there hands on. I am not sure if any of my guys got to this information or not. Hopefully they didn't but I have been really upset with them since then and the new big update they released 3 months after they said they were going to release it was a real let down and they were better off waiting another 3 months testing it and working out the bugs.

Jobber would love to talk to you on the phone soon after we get a little more testing with your software.

Josh Snyder
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree 100% with the above post. I've been with sap for three years. When I first signed up, they where new, I was small. Tons of bugs. I reported everyone I came across and they got fixed over a whole year.

This update was the worst thing they could have ever done. I held out on a lot of other solutions to problems within my company because they told me this update had this, that, and the other.

Day it came out. I wrote Jonathan an email. It was long. Took him a month to reply back with answers. I responded with exactly what I needed done to operate this season. I stated sap didn't have to do everything, but I need to know what will work and what is not going to be . That was a month ago. I have since gotten no response

There are some many things that don't work since the release its not funny. Then take into account all the things that are "unfinished". I'm still waiting for a time clock. That's not even a hard thing to build.

My iPhone has $5 apps that work better for time keeping
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean Cut Lawns View Post
Can you elaborate on SAP job costing not working properly with the start and stop button? I'm about to sign up for SAP and the start and stop function is a big reason for me deciding to go with SAP
It doesn't

He Mobil start / stop. Did work and I'm not sure if it still does or not at the moment. Even with it working in the past it was very slow.

If the times where inputted, you could print a report with the man hours, and the budgeted man hours, and compare the two and see if you are over or under budgeted hours. No job costing with materials. No advanced costing. If you have different guys with different pay rates you will not be able to break down the exact cost.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

What iPhone apps are you using? Jobber doesn't have the start stop button that I think is critical in getting this right or else I'll just stick with qxpress
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean Cut Lawns View Post
What iPhone apps are you using? Jobber doesn't have the start stop button that I think is critical in getting this right or else I'll just stick with qxpress
My phone is off for the night, I'd have to check. I don't use it , I just figured I would try it. It's not for billing, it's just for keeping payroll time. It's not worth your time, but then again neither is sap time clock
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieperlc View Post
You said in a previous post you used Landscape Management Network. What do you not like about that program? Or are you still going to be using that?
I have a membership. It's nothing good. It does teach you to budget, not much else, the estimating is fair.

Too be honest the best training I found related to landscape Managment network, was using their free advertising on you tube.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
It doesn't

He Mobil start / stop. Did work and I'm not sure if it still does or not at the moment. Even with it working in the past it was very slow.

If the times where inputted, you could print a report with the man hours, and the budgeted man hours, and compare the two and see if you are over or under budgeted hours. No job costing with materials. No advanced costing. If you have different guys with different pay rates you will not be able to break down the exact cost.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed about the different pay rates problem with SAP. I'm currently using them, though I haven't had alot of the same problems everyone else seems to be having. We are however only running 2 crews so I'm able to easily figure out my job costing.

When you say advance costing what are you referring to that other software provides??? I'm interested to see if I went wrong going with SAP.

SAP support has been pretty good though with us so far. Any issue I've had has been responded to within 48 hours.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Birmingham View Post
Agreed about the different pay rates problem with SAP. I'm currently using them, though I haven't had alot of the same problems everyone else seems to be having. We are however only running 2 crews so I'm able to easily figure out my job costing.

When you say advance costing what are you referring to that other software provides??? I'm interested to see if I went wrong going with SAP.

SAP support has been pretty good though with us so far. Any issue I've had has been responded to within 48 hours.
Advanced job costing- like if I had a patio job, needed to track all the materials, all delivery costs, all the paperwork cost, add in all the labor ( and remember with a construction crew each guy for sure has a different pay rate). My maintenance crews have similar pay with minor differences. The landscape crew has a crew leader making almost double what the low guys make. The assistant makes pretty good as well. And if I have to be inside to supervise part of a project, my rate is at least double the crew leaders .... So how do you track all that to see if the project

A. Paid for all the direct expenses.

B. paid for its share of the over head expenses

C. After both of those, paid for and added funds to the appropriate maintenance and depression accounts based on equipment usage

D. The after all that see if it made a profit

Sap support been good? Well I like all the guys over there. 48 hours is a joke. I need to get my work done, and don't need to be held up with them waiting 48 hours for a fix or solution or work around on something they should have gotten right before they released it.

Their current estimating system is broken in parts. It's fricken bidding season. Wtf, where was the thought process.?