Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriderLawn09 View Post
It was parked, my mechanic red tagged it 2 days before, it finally broke when he was moving it thru the lot.
That's good that he noticed it before it happened. You would hate for that to have happened when it was on the road I'm sure that people would talk about the truck that snapped in half and, with your lettering on it.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Wash those trucks fellas and soak them in fluid film, motor oil, or whatever stops rust lol, this truck is a 1989 model and i bought it in 2009 one of my first plow trucks, but the salt finally got the best of her, she was the best $2,000.00 i ever spent, now its off to the scrap yard, i wanted to have memorial service and the guys wanted to through a party lol
LOL at first I thought you fab'ed up a dump bed for it. After reading more all I could think of what was going through the employee's mind was Monty Python's Holy Grail qoute "......... RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY!!!!!!" Sucks about the truck and honestly first glace at it, looked like a awesome truck, you should keep a part of it and hang it on the wall as a good luck charm or something, one of my buddies did that with a old bug shield off one of his 80's Fords and hung it on wall above the door in front of a spot light.

Thats one thing I've notice with those body styles, it must be a inherent problem with the frame damage right behind the cab, I saw it on a few one tons from municapalites that part of the frame was "fixed". Even on the older Fords had frame problems at the spring mounts, creating a pocket against the frame, same buddy fore mentioned filled the void with caulk, don't know how well it held up.

On the new dump I'm suprised you didn't bed liner the bottom half of the truck, did it to my chevy and its been great against the snow and ice. Also wouldn't hurt to put a mud flap in front of the tire to keep stones kicked up by the tires from smashing into the back of the cab.

Still lookin' good.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
That's good that he noticed it before it happened. You would hate for that to have happened when it was on the road I'm sure that people would talk about the truck that snapped in half and, with your lettering on it.
LOL yea im sure i would have been the talk of the town haha, but yea im very thankful we caught it when we did. It prolly should of been red tagged years ago lol
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
LOL at first I thought you fab'ed up a dump bed for it. After reading more all I could think of what was going through the employee's mind was Monty Python's Holy Grail qoute "......... RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY!!!!!!" Sucks about the truck and honestly first glace at it, looked like a awesome truck, you should keep a part of it and hang it on the wall as a good luck charm or something, one of my buddies did that with a old bug shield off one of his 80's Fords and hung it on wall above the door in front of a spot light.

Thats one thing I've notice with those body styles, it must be a inherent problem with the frame damage right behind the cab, I saw it on a few one tons from municapalites that part of the frame was "fixed". Even on the older Fords had frame problems at the spring mounts, creating a pocket against the frame, same buddy fore mentioned filled the void with caulk, don't know how well it held up.

On the new dump I'm suprised you didn't bed liner the bottom half of the truck, did it to my chevy and its been great against the snow and ice. Also wouldn't hurt to put a mud flap in front of the tire to keep stones kicked up by the tires from smashing into the back of the cab.

Still lookin' good.
HAHA swampy, when it first happened i took that pic and showed it to my wife and she said what did you do ? get another dump truck? lol i said i guess honey you could call it that lol! But yea those trucks are bad for that they rot right behind the cab and when you load them down they snap, and i dont know if i would trust caulk or not, maybe a little weld, and yea we have a two tool boxes we are mounting on each side so the mud flaps wouldnt be a bad idea since we will be spreading a cab corners worst nightmare (SALT) Lol and thanks for the compliements!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great read! See your guys out all the time, hope you had a great season!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Member

We had a great season where are you located b and b ? BTW I have a ton of new pics ill try to get posted soon.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ironton, service a lot of ky and some in wv
Old 12-15-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I see your doing that alcon job, I bid that back in mid summer and I decided that place wasn't for me, but it looks like you guys got the bid! So, that's great I hope they are treating you guys good.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its not a bad gig, they make it worth the travel I guess. we are thinking of making the switch to ferris wb this season, do you have any you want to get rid of?
Old 12-15-2013, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
We had a great season where are you located b and b ? BTW I have a ton of new pics ill try to get posted soon.
Glad to see you back on here, and I'm looking forward to the pics!