Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

great stuff guys... still a couple questions.... how low does your rubber go below deck? is it bolted to the deck solid that picture looks like it hinges. and how think is the rubber?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine bolts solid to the deck, not like the pic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Member

I would like to build a rubber flap to use to help stripe lawns as well. Very curious about how think the rubber is and what your using to attach the rubber to the deck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here how thick and how much lower than the lip of the deck? On a stander mounting to the back of the deck does the rubber just need to barely overlap the tires??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I used hay baler belting, it is about 1/4 inch thick and available in various widths from Tractor Supply and most implement dealers. It can be bought by the foot or in pre cut lengths. Attach to the back of the deck with bolts and large flat washers. I set mine to touch the shop floor at my most common mowing height.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Member

By bolting it straight to the deck did it not effect the way it cut? Or effect the blades?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

It is bolted to the outside of the deck so no contact with the blades. Before installed, I had a little bit of blow-out on the right front corner when using my Accelerator on leaves, now I have a little bit more. This is the only change I have noticed.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just finished mine up on my vride. I used some scrap pieces of a rubber bed liner and some scrap pieces of metal from my work. Mounted the rubber in behind the rollers and went out 3 inches farther out which left about 1.5 inches overlap in front of the tires. Even with really nice drill bits it's a pain to drill the deck. Other than that not too bad. I have absolutely no money in this just my time. Everything I had or I got for free from my work. I went 2 inches below the lip of the deck. I'll have to wait till spring to see how it works.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Caseymowing Do you have any pictures of how you mounted to your vride?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
Caseymowing Do you have any pictures of how you mounted to your vride?
Posted via Mobile Device
I didnt take any pictures before I put the deck back on. It isn't the prettiest thing but I'm sure it will work. My. Vride is the 48in model that has the exterior deck rollers which makes it kinda hard to make a stripper. There is very little room between the deck and roller. All I did was cut the rubber that is 1/4in thick into pieces that go between the deck and roller and also on either side of the rollers. Then I took some 1/8in thick by 1in wide steel and sandwiched the rubber to the deck. There is room on the inside of the deck for washers and nuts because the blades are not I that chamber of the deck. I just finished doing my cheetah 61in tonight. I did it the same way except I bought a 1/8 thick by 3/4 thick piece of aluminum at lowes because of the back deck hinges. The cheetah was a lot easier because the rollers are on the inside of the deck and you can make one solid piece all the way across. I'm sure there are better ways to make one but this is what I had and my fab skills aren't the best. But really all you are trying to do is bend the grass over farther. My computer skills aren't much either so it would take me forever to up load pics. I need to work on that.
Posted via Mobile Device